Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Count me in for sure! I think I'm going stay in the hotel this year. Better call and get a room. If anyone is interested in splitting a room, let me know.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I appreciate you guys answering all the questions for me! One last one I have for now is how many nights are we reserving for? May 28-31. Are we checking in on the 28th and checking out the 31st? So 3 nights?
My plan since I'm coming from a long way is to stop on the way down Wednesday and plan to arrive very early Thursday morning. That way I can get the most riding in. I will say Deb and Van were super accommodating to me last year. I called them on my way down and they made arrangements so I could access a room when I arrived at 2 am. I'm not repeating that mistake this year!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Do you do a lot of hard riding on this trip? Fast pace cornering, high-speeds, etc? Or is it more mellow riding?
The group was super accommodating to me last year. I was fresh back on the bike after a long hiatus and they were good about not leaving me behind. The majority of the group can ride with pace and it's amazing how smooth some of these guys are. Also note worthy is that we got alot of rain last year and I had to learn to trust my tires in the rain.

Biggest rule which I've carried on with me elsewhere is that if the lead guys are going to turn off the road they'll stop and wait to make sure the last guy makes the turn.

I've had a little practice with Abe57 and his friend John at the Dragon 🐉 in August.

Talk to Boewinkle about the whoolies... There's a time and a place

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Sorry to miss out on this one ! It sucks to have to bid vacations and have 7 above me so all the good weeks are gone when I can bid ! I do have the week B4 off so John and I will probably be down there then...

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Damn Abe that sux. Sadly I can't help you out with your schedule since I have become weak and frail!

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Good golly I want to make this!
I'm going to try my hardest to finagle a few days off and drag Mr. Stolten with me.
Yev, you really think you could get St Nick to make a return appearance?
It sure would be good to get the band back together!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sorry to miss out on this one ! It sucks to have to bid vacations and have 7 above me so all the good weeks are gone when I can bid ! I do have the week B4 off so John and I will probably be down there then...
Man that sucks Abe57! Was looking forward to seeing the you and John down there again. The job is really making it tough to get time off. Did you get a week off in August?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Man that sucks Abe57! Was looking forward to seeing the you and John down there again. The job is really making it tough to get time off. Did you get a week off in August?
Yes August or a September ride might be in order ! The only thing is in August is the MotoAmerica races at Indy is right in the middle of y two weeks that John and I plan on going to !

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yes August or a September ride might be in order ! The only thing is in August is the MotoAmerica races at Indy is right in the middle of y two weeks that John and I plan on going to !

Two of my siblings live in Indy. MotoAmerica should be a good time. We'll here's to retirement ** cheers**

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Hope I can make it....Earlier in May doing the full BRP round trip with a big group so not sure if I can get time off from my slave driver boss for this as well....Would love to catch up with you all, it's been so long. Hell, I barely see Fish and we live on the same street....

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Hope I can make it....Earlier in May doing the full BRP round trip with a big group so not sure if I can get time off from my slave driver boss for this as well....Would love to catch up with you all, it's been so long. Hell, I barely see Fish and we live on the same street....
Come on Jay, you are "da boss" so make it happen!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts