Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am looking to attend this upcoming year! Let me know if you are staying in a cabin or anything. I would love to get some shared lodging going!

·
Super Moderator
5,624 Posts
Peg and I should be able to make it over there for this. She is already retired and my last day of work will be April 30th.....retirement is finally a light at the end of the tunnel.......and hopefully it not the headlight of a train!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Do you do a lot of hard riding on this trip? Fast pace cornering, high-speeds, etc? Or is it more mellow riding?

·
Super Moderator
5,624 Posts
There are both. We generally have enough folks that we divide up into smaller groups and that way you can pretty much be able to ride your comfortable pace with like minded folks. Keep in mind though, dangerous riding within a group is frowned on. All of us there are riding to have a good time, enjoy the roads and scenery, and most importantly make it back to Bowinkle's gourmet cooking at the end of the day.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you do a lot of hard riding on this trip? Fast pace cornering, high-speeds, etc? Or is it more mellow riding?
As Triplethreat said, we have all kinds. The thing to remember is, you want to make it back home on the bike you came on.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
You guys just know I will be there!
Don't know yet if I can round up a Monster Energy girl or two so I might get stuck with Turbo Dave or FJ Rod.
IMG_0006.JPG
Fuzzy on The Devils Whip---ECR 2017.jpg
IMG_0003.JPG

·
Registered
32 Posts
There are both. We generally have enough folks that we divide up into smaller groups and that way you can pretty much be able to ride your comfortable pace with like minded folks. Keep in mind though, dangerous riding within a group is frowned on. All of us there are riding to have a good time, enjoy the roads and scenery, and most importantly make it back to Bowinkle's gourmet cooking at the end of the day.
Yeah definitely! A few buddies are looking to possibly come with me. One with an MT10 and the other with a CBR600. I have seen that you have allowed others in the past. Is that still a possibility. It looks like we are going to be the youngest by a little haha. Looking at the picture of Shamrock dragging mid pipe answers my riding hard question :).

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah definitely! A few buddies are looking to possibly come with me. One with an MT10 and the other with a CBR600. I have seen that you have allowed others in the past. Is that still a possibility.
I can think of no reason why you and your hooligan crew would be denied the priviledge of trying to keep up with Shamrock. ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I can think of no reason why you and your hooligan crew would be denied the priviledge of trying to keep up with Shamrock. ;)
After seeing that picture there is a negative chance of us keeping up with him! We do like to do some hooligan things like wheelies...so hopefully there are a few straights on this ride;).

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Hey Lake bring your buddies no matter what they ride. The only thing required is to ride sober, laugh a lot and tip well.
As far as other bikes we've had a great variety. Go through some of the past rally photos and you will see a Ducati, FZ1, ZX6 even a turbocharged MV Augusta. Maybe others that I don't recall.
This is a really good group of folks hanging out, riding some of Americas most epic roads while enjoying breathtaking scenery.
The really really great news is that after five of these rallies we have zero tickets and zero crashes!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Lake bring your buddies no matter what they ride. The only thing required is to ride sober, laugh a lot and tip well.
As far as other bikes we've had a great variety. Go through some of the past rally photos and you will see a Ducati, FZ1, ZX6 even a turbocharged MV Augusta. Maybe others that I don't recall.
This is a really good group of folks hanging out, riding some of Americas most epic roads while enjoying breathtaking scenery.
The really really great news is that after five of these rallies we have zero tickets and zero crashes!
That is crazy! Yeah I have a few buddies interested for sure! We are just talking about travel from Iowa City, IA. We are also trying to figure out lodging. Which cabins do you usually rent out?

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts

Some people stay in the motel, some group up and rent a cabin.
We will start sorting this out early next year.
Same with reservations.
Van and Debbie, the owners of Alberts are super hosts and two of the nicest people you will ever meet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I appreciate you guys answering all the questions for me! One last one I have for now is how many nights are we reserving for? May 28-31. Are we checking in on the 28th and checking out the 31st? So 3 nights?

·
Super Moderator
5,624 Posts
That would be the normal schedule.....check in on Thursday and out Sunday morning, but some of the folks like to get there a bit early. I can't recall anyone staying past the normal Sunday, but I guess there's no reason you couldn't if you find that you like our little piece of paradise!

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That is crazy! Yeah I have a few buddies interested for sure! We are just talking about travel from Iowa City, IA. We are also trying to figure out lodging. Which cabins do you usually rent out?
I just got off the phone with Debbie and Van. We are not in danger of being shut out of any lodging at this time. So get your group together and as we get into the middle of March, we'll get into the nitty gritty.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts