Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my favorite new bike of the 2020 season so far.

Compared to a Ninja 650R, for instance:

Ninja - 425 lbs. dry, 70 hp, crap suspension and brakes
Aprilia - 375 lbs. dry, 100 hp, Öhlins and Brembo!

The Aprilia is going to rip! Yet, it's not a torture-rack racebike. The clip-ons are higher than a typical track-focused sportbike, and the claim is that it's going to be just as comfortable commuting to work as it would be doing a track day. Now, obviously, you'll pay a premium for all that sexy Italian goodness. But imagine if YAMAHA decided to give the MT07 motor the same treatment, and built a track-worthy chassis with street-worthy ergonomics! And then imagine if they did the same thing with the 900 triple! I think they could have the best lineup of sporty bikes for the money of any manufacturer!

I can dream. ?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Aprilia did well this year between the 660 and the RS 250 SP. But I'm also a sucker for track weapons from the factory.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Hi-Viz and Matte Grey MT-09
314 Posts
I have a feeling the price on this will be equally disparate between the Ninja and the Aprilia.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a feeling the price on this will be equally disparate between the Ninja and the Aprilia.
Yep! ? Which is why I think Yamaha could just about split the difference (maybe slightly closer to the Aprilia) and still deliver a top notch bike... ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts