Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
I wish they had gone Ohlins front and rear on the MT-09 SP. Even the improved '17 forks are apparently still in need of improvement. That engine deserves excellent suspension.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
The Tracer 900 GT is now posted on Yamaha UK at £10,649, which translates to $14,880 USD. A bit pricier than many were hoping. Adding luggage to a new 2018 Triumph 800 Tiger XRx ($13,650) might be a nicer option.
Tiger 800 XRx | Triumph Motorcycles | Triumph Motorcycles
You can't really compare the UK price to the US price since a 2018 UK MT-09 is listed at £8,199.00 which equals $11,457.04 USD at today's exchange rate. Especially when the same bike is listed for $8,999 USD on the Yamaha US website.

The Yamaha Canada website shows the 2018 Tracer 900, but no GT version so far. In Canada, a 2018 Tracer 900 is listed for $700 more than the 2017 FJ-09 ABS.

Not quite sure what Yamaha US is doing with the Tracer 900 and Tracer 900 GT, since the US website listed them both as 2019's and still no price listed????

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport-touring
2019 Tracer.JPG

·
Registered
430 Posts
Not a review, but a good overview/comparison from a 2015 owner:

·
Registered
430 Posts
"It seems like the compact size and light weight of the Tracer somehow makes it less fatiguing to ride for long distances. It may not be quite as comfortable as the Gold Wing I’d been putting lots of miles on, but it’s surprisingly close – and it’s just much less weight and bulk every time you want to pass somebody, go around a corner, stop for gas, ride through a town… I do kind of miss the ’Wing’s DCT gearbox, but the Tracer’s quickshifter (upshifts only) and light clutch pull are second nature by now, and no real sacrifice."
I'm liking this bike more and more with every review.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
The author of that article. John Burns, doesn't deserve to be a motorcycle journalist and I will never take his opinion seriously on any motorcycle related subject in the future. He was given the option of riding a great motorcycle home 900+ miles through some of the most beautiful motorcycle roads in the world, and he had to think about it? F*ck you John.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The author of that article. John Burns, doesn't deserve to be a motorcycle journalist and I will never take his opinion seriously on any motorcycle related subject in the future. He was given the option of riding a great motorcycle home 900+ miles through some of the most beautiful motorcycle roads in the world, and he had to think about it? F*ck you John.
To be fair he did end up riding it home

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
To be fair....he had to think about it. That's the point I'm making. The mans job is to ride motorcycles and write about them, and if he has to think for more than half a second about riding a brand new sport tourer home, he clearly doesn't understand how truly blessed he is to have that job. That makes him an @zzhole, and as I sit here behind my desk, hating my job, and wishing nothing more than to be out riding, I reiterate, fvck you John.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Think there will be an ECU flash for this bike? :)
Why does it need one? I test rode a new one a couple of weeks ago I don't recall any issues...

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have been encouraging the folks at MadStad to expedite the development of a windshield bracket for the Tracer GT. The OEM screen setup currently on the Tracer 900 is horrific as it causes severe buffeting at highway speeds.

Today the design engineer at MadStad sent me a picture of the final version of the bracket. It should be ready to ship on their web site soon.

YamTracer900GTfront1.jpg

21 - 40 of 40 Posts