Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen anything like it out there so I thought I'd change that. Personally I think the way it looks stock is good but I wondered what it'd look like if the front matched the tank. What do you guys think? What would you do differently... I'm thinking black bolts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like that, I'll give it a try and post the picture. Great feedback from everyone!

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Looks Great ! If it was mine I would also paint the top of the headlamp covers to the bend on the sides to the front edge and not the under edge. That way it would look like eye brows that would remain black at the headlamp edge ! Also better with just the logo after seeing it with out the stripe !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's actually just 'light grey' cricut vinyl from Micheals...maybe not the best for this application but the color is accurately represented in the pictures as next to exact. I'd say it's a shade darker and glossy instead of matte so it's not perfect. The red is also Michaels vinyl called 'tomato red' and is almost color matched to the MT09 side sticker. I did this as a prototype that I could tweak prior to spending time and effort to paint the final piece with oem paint/cleat coat. What pieces were you going to wrap?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got a helmet that used to go good with my jacket and old bike but since I got this new one I feel it clashes way too much with the red orange on the bike so I'd love to cover up the yellow with either gray, white, or red orange.
15846732412723185037213796182389.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice, looks like it'll be a pain to wrap but so worth it! I don't know if you were like this too but at first I wasn't sure about the color of the bike...until I saw it in person! Roasted on it for 3 days until I rode off with it. BUT the constant brake dust on the rims makes me miss black rims

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yea, I love the color scheme of these too but the up keep is a bit much. I was just researching for vinyl colors that match stock so I could play around with a few things after my first attempt to order unsupervised went wrong. Your pics looked pretty damn close so i just wanted to know how close it was in real life. Looks great too.

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
125 Posts
It's actually just 'light grey' cricut vinyl from Micheals...maybe not the best for this application but the color is accurately represented in the pictures as next to exact. I'd say it's a shade darker and glossy instead of matte so it's not perfect. The red is also Michaels vinyl called 'tomato red' and is almost color matched to the MT09 side sticker. I did this as a prototype that I could tweak prior to spending time and effort to paint the final piece with oem paint/cleat coat. What pieces were you going to wrap?
I saw that vinyl the other day and wondered if it was close to our "red" on the bikes. Did you draw out the logo to cut?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts