Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
John and I are back home safe. Abe, it was great riding with you and John Wednesday & Thursday. Hit us up if y’all want to ride North Georgia on your next trip South. Bullwinkle thanks again for a great meal Thursday evening. I know if the riding sucks the rest of the weekend, y’all WILL eat good. It was also great meeting some new faces...Mark, Barry. We did miss seeing a lot of our regulars. Shamrock, make next time. Safe riding dudes!
Great meeting both of you and great rides ! Will keep in touch..

·
Premium Member
2,323 Posts
Got here this morning about 10:30---rain and more rain----all day.
That's the bad news. The good news is I got to hang with some good buds all day long!

Here's Bowinkle doing what he does when he's not preparing food and FJ Rod putting his bike to bed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,323 Posts
Finally got to do some riding today.
Muc, FJ Rod, Bowinkle and myself got in about 5 hours. We started out on one of my secret roads into Little Switzerland and it was cold, wet and foggy so we headed East around Lake James. Certainly not our first choice for roads but at least it was warm and dry over there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,323 Posts
You just know if Bowinkles around groceries are near by.
Giant Filets, baked taters and strawberry shortcake----mmmmm!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Sorry John and bailed...just did not look good ! We got home at 5:55 PM and was in heavy rain most of the first part of the drive ! Hey Muc how is the suspension? You likely ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
The rest of us left Albert's at 7:00 am this morning going in different directions home. I got back to Central NC by noon. Prayer going up for the others hauling back to Ohio and Florida. If anyone can come by for dinner tonight we can finish off the steaks I have thawed out. The ride yesterday was worth sitting it out Friday to me. Shamrock is the real deal, when he let me pass him once I turned it up to triple digits till my contacts bout fluttered off. I was feeling it but he said Red Bull was the cause.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Sorry John and bailed...just did not look good ! We got home at 5:55 PM and was in heavy rain most of the first part of the drive ! Hey Muc how is the suspension? You likely ?
Yes, the suspension is waaaaay better thanks for taking the time to help me adjust it. Really got as chance to test it on our ride Saturday. I felt a lot more solid in the corners and I wasn't bouncing out of them like I was before the adjustment.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Made it most of they way home. Stopped in Columbus for my nephew's birthday party.
Nice tow rig. How did it work out?

The trailer worked great! Thanks for your advice and direction. Now, I'm not too sure how my car liked towing it. I might have asked to much trying to pull across the bulk of the width of the Appalachian mountains. Though we all survived, I'll probably choose another tow vehicle for the mountains but the civic works fine when there's not a lot of steep grades to tow up and down. Really wish you could have made it out, maybe next time! Or if I meet up with bullwinkle or someone else for a southern ride maybe will swing by.

As you can see I found myself a chock. It's not super high quality but the price was right. With it and four straps the bike didn't really move. Got to thank shamrock for helping me get it back on the trailer to go home. As I get more comfortable, I'm sure I'll have no problem getting up on my own.

·
Premium Member
2,323 Posts
The rest of us left Albert's at 7:00 am this morning going in different directions home. I got back to Central NC by noon. Prayer going up for the others hauling back to Ohio and Florida. If anyone can come by for dinner tonight we can finish off the steaks I have thawed out. The ride yesterday was worth sitting it out Friday to me. Shamrock is the real deal, when he let me pass him once I turned it up to triple digits till my contacts bout fluttered off. I was feeling it but he said Red Bull was the cause.
Yeah, we were just doing a casual putt putt on some dry roads when this big ole country boy all jacked up on Red Bull came flyin by. A couple of wheelies later I'm hoping he's not packin more Bulls in his tank bag.

121 - 136 of 136 Posts