Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK friends. The dates are set. I know it's early, but I wanted to get this nailed down before lodging got away from us.

Once again we'll convene @ Albert's Adventure Inn-Burnsville, NC. I've blocked the Tree House, the Bird House and Bear Den II cabins. Van and Debbie will also hold a handful of rooms for us at the motel.

For those that aren't familiar with this event, just read through past threads and you will get a good idea of what's what.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have to ask...are other brands welcome? I have a couple of friends that would probably join in on the fun..one has a 1000 Ninja the other a Ducati Diavel. Both are seasoned veteran riders. Thought I would ask before mentioning it to them. Both would bring some Canadian brews for after the ride b.s. sessions as atonement for not riding an FZ!

·
Super Moderator
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have to ask...are other brands welcome? I have a couple of friends that would probably join in on the fun..one has a 1000 Ninja the other a Ducati Diavel. Both are seasoned veteran riders. Thought I would ask before mentioning it to them. Both would bring some Canadian brews for after the ride b.s. sessions as atonement for not riding an FZ!
Of course your friends are welcome. And I didn't edit your post. I hit the wrong button when replying.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Tactically following. What’s the no ish cutoff date you need to know by?
none to be honest. You can realistically decide to ride out the night before, and even if albert's is booked I'm sure there will be a bed for you in one of the houses.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
I'm in. Hopefully more than just one night like this year...ugh.

Looking forward to it! See ya'll then. Fish, I'm sure I'll see you before then...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wanted to check on the dates. Does the 6-9th mean those are all riding days were you actually show up on the 5th and leave the 10th? Just trying to figure out if I can swing this as it's going to be a journey for me to get there in the first place. Though I would love to come. Just need to know what days I'd need to take off. I got plenty of PTO, no worries there.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Hey Muc it would be great to have you join us.
This event is pretty loose and we have never had big regimented group rides. Most of us just form up in little groups and head out for the day.
We generally ride all day Thursday, Friday and Saturday and head for home on Sunday morning. When you come and go plus where and who you ride with is up to you. Just be safe and smile a lot!
Neat BS sessions every night and there never has been more than 18 or 20 people so the socializing comes easy.
The real deal are the roads. If you have never ridden in the Smokeys you just haven't lived. If you have been there no explanation is needed.
I can guarantee one thing------if you don't have one of the best weekends in your motorcycle life you need to sell that thing and take up some other hobby.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks shamrock! Just wanted to get an idea. I want to get as much time in as possible. Trying to decide if I'm going to ride down from Cleveland or purchase a hitch for my honda civic and rent a uhaul tailor either way it will be a fairly slow and long trip. I figured if I ride down I'd do it in two days as not to burn myself out.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Trying to decide if I'm going to ride down from Cleveland or purchase a hitch for my honda civic and rent a uhaul tailor either way it will be a fairly slow and long trip.
Load up four peanut butter sandwiches, three non alcoholic drinks and one pee bottle. Then you jump in the Civic and in nine short hours paradise that even Jimmy Buffet doesn't know about! Only you can decide.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Load up four peanut butter sandwiches, three non alcoholic drinks and one pee bottle. Then you jump in the Civic and in nine short hours paradise that even Jimmy Buffet doesn't know about! Only you can decide.

We'll i put in my scheduled time off. Trying to get one or two of my buddies to tag along. We'll see if they step up. Now just to get the rest of my farkles done and transport ready over the winter. It may seem like a long time but it will be here before you know it.

I went out for short ride today and was graced with a burst of hail and sleet. Wished I lived in the south.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Ill be watching this one again..maybe this time I can actually meet up with you guys..... :)

1 - 20 of 136 Posts