Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

Registered
2018 Yamaha MT-09
Discussion Starter #23
Somebody needs a real race track on that island. 馃槵

Holy smokes...
I WISH we had some of the tracks that the world has, sadly we don't and our government doesn't cherish motorsports as other countries do....so sadly we have to make do with what we have...but if we had a proper track man o man what fun that would be

Registered
Hey Keef, sweet!, tell me what noticeable differences did you feel, and did you experience any tradeoffs I.e increased weight or anything of nature? Were the size of the OE pads enough to clamp the majority of the whole rotor or was their spill off as well?
They are like the hand of god stopping you. R1 spec brakes stopping, say, 50hp less, and 20kgs less.
11mm spacers make it perfect, 10mm mean you waste 2mm of rotor.
I didn't notice any weight increase, but I used Ti rotor and caliper bolts when I upgraded. Wave rotors would be lighter again.

Registered
2018 Yamaha MT-09
Discussion Starter #25
They are like the hand of god stopping you. R1 spec brakes stopping, say, 50hp less, and 20kgs less.
11mm spacers make it perfect, 10mm mean you waste 2mm of rotor.
I didn't notice any weight increase, but I used Ti rotor and caliper bolts when I upgraded. Wave rotors would be lighter again.
im super interested in this mod tbh, i will definitely look into it only issue i can foresee having is where the heck in this island am i going to get the spacers (11mm or 10mm). Baring finding out about that i definitely wanna try it especially based on your feedback of the performance. Right now i suppose to be installing my Brembo RCS19 MBC this week so wanna see how that does with the spieglar lines. then after look into this upgrade

Registered
2018 Yamaha MT-09
Discussion Starter #26

Another fun run with a friend and his triumph with a carbonex exhaust!

sounds mint!!

Registered
2018 Yamaha MT-09
Discussion Starter #27

One of the runs with the new master cylinder and man what a wonderful difference it makes to riding

Registered
2018 Yamaha MT-09
Discussion Starter #29

Run with my friend with his new 2020 R1, now breaking in engine

ENJOY squad

Registered
I'm planning to travel to the northwest woods this winter for short camping. I'm doing some research regarding that is anyone has any tips for the winter camping I would love to hear. This is some information I got from this article here.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts