Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It is now apparent that our venue has become a busy little place and as a result of that, we have had to move our dates up a week in order to secure enough lodging for the group. Hopefully weddings, track days and graduation ceremonies won't prevent you all from coming along.

For reservations call: 828-675-4691 and do mention that you are with Lloyd's Yamaha group.

For those unfamiliar with what this is all about, read through a bit of our past threads.
~fish

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
You know for sure I'll be there and I'm hoping we can get the same cast of characters that have attended in years past.
We missed some regulars this past rally and their absence was truly felt. We also had some new guys and their attendance was really enjoyed so wouldn't it be great if we had a reunion with everyone there, even the folks that have changed bikes like Mike78 and FZJohn.
I know we would also like to see some friends with other bikes and some representation of a few FJ, XSR and 07s.
As some of you are aware I tried to get Jessica Alba has my roomate for the 17 rally and the bitch dumped me for Bowinkle so when he didn't show up I had to settle for Turbo Dave.
This year I'm reaching out to Shakira. Now that shes' a bit older she would probably be able to handle the excitement of the rally and I'm hoping Bowinkle won't embarrass me once again.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Hey Les........after I retire and don't have to worry about a security clearance anymore, I want some of the stuff you've got......:eek:

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
I'm as in as I can be 8 months out. Should I go ahead and call Van to secure my reservation with a CC or are we just in the planning process?

Thanks for spearheading this again RTF. This year was great and I suspect if we get a few more of the regulars, 2018 will be even better!

·
Super Moderator
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The lodging is secure. I wouldn't imagine that anyone needs to actually throw down a credit card until the springtime.
But then again...there are only 10 rooms and a couple of cottages available.

~fish

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
I'd be in for this. There isn't an East Coast race that weekend so I'd be free.
But there are races that weekend. They start on Friday morning at Double Island Road just outside Micaville. From there up to 197 East over to 226 and then 226A splitting off at 80 South! Qualifying is on Thursday. :eek:nthego:

(Full disclosure-----no speed limits will be exceeded and lean angle is limited to 25 degrees)

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
But there are races that weekend. They start on Friday morning at Double Island Road just outside Micaville. From there up to 197 East over to 226 and then 226A splitting off at 80 South! Qualifying is on Thursday. :eek:nthego:

(Full disclosure-----no speed limits will be exceeded and lean angle is limited to 25 degrees)
So Les, who all do you have lined up to drive that route on Wednesday afternoon and change the existing speed limit signs to what we need/want them to be? :icon_thumright:

·
Registered
302 Posts
But there are races that weekend. They start on Friday morning at Double Island Road
I really want to walk around that dudes car "collection"(read: graveyard) on Double Island. I stopped on the side of the road by it on my way back down when we were up there this year, but thought better of it. Figured the good folk up there might exercise the shotgun/trunk storage treatment with strangers wearing tight leather pants trespassing on their land.

That pavement was niiiiice this year. Won't mention the gravel in fear of Jared ridiculing my delicate millenial sensibilities again. :(((

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
I'm gonna plan to be there. Hope we're still friends Shamrock!
Dem bitches come and go but we be ridin buds no matter what! :eek:ccasion14:

(I know these two look kinda young but I'm pretty sure they're over the 80 lb minimum)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Well as of now I am out ! Bidding on Vacation time now and only one person can take that week and by the time it got to me it was taken !! Being on a holiday week did not help those are the first weeks to go ! Any way of changing weeks ??

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Well as of now I am out ! Bidding on Vacation time now and only one person can take that week and by the time it got to me it was taken !! Being on a holiday week did not help those are the first weeks to go ! Any way of changing weeks ??
WTF George------this is totally unacceptable!
(Just about now I would say some clever crap about adjusting the guy that has that week but nowadays ya gotta not say anything)

Reactions: abe57

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
WTF George------this is totally unacceptable!
(Just about now I would say some clever crap about adjusting the guy that has that week but nowadays ya gotta not say anything)
Well it's a Girl and she was top dog on Senior list !! Might just have to call in sick but my cell does not work down there !! I would have to call in every morning b4 8am !! It sucks to have work rule your life !!

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
It's a girl? Holy crap man put her on the phone and let me-------oh that's right, I can't let anyone know what I'm thinkin!

Reactions: abe57

·
Super Moderator
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I really want to walk around that dudes car "collection"(read: graveyard) on Double Island. I stopped on the side of the road by it on my way back down when we were up there this year, but thought better of it.
If I were you, I would walk up to the house associated with that junk pile, knock on the door and then step back off of the porch and wait for the resident to come to the door. I would guess the resident wouldn't mind letting you have a peek. I've had one interaction with a resident on Double Island and they were most helpful and friendly despite me riding..."one of them crotch rockets".

·
Super Moderator
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well it's a Girl and she was top dog on Senior list !! Might just have to call in sick but my cell does not work down there !! I would have to call in every morning b4 8am !! It sucks to have work rule your life !!
I'm gutted that you can't come. The dates can't be changed. But, if you want to call in sick, the phone in the motel office is free to use.

1 - 20 of 212 Posts