Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I just got my seat delivered so I will be doing a very nice ride review tomorrow as the rain will be gone. I plan on doing at least a 200 mile ride review so that is plenty of time to know if the seat is good to go or not. So far I love this seat! Looks the part and fits super snug with no annoying back and forth once clicked in like the stock seat. If you did not like the free play in the stock seat then buy this seat it's as if it's should have been from day one. My wife does not ride but the stock seat was like 1.25" thick and this seat is 3" plus. Sitting on the seat you immediately notice the wider front section which is for a fact 3" wider than stock as stock is 5" at the narrow section and this seat is 8". The material is nicer also so big plus. Major kudos to the fact this seat clicks in so perfectly with no wobble! Can't beat the $249 shipped price also.

IMG_0165.jpg
IMG_0166.jpg
IMG_0167.jpg
IMG_0163.jpg

·
Registered
700 Posts
The OEM looks like a malnourished sibling...Yamaha cut a corner or two on this machine and the seat is one of them...mind you the price for the bike is one of its selling points and you get a great bang for your money

·
Registered
178 Posts
Good looking seat, good thread BTW.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I've had a few rides on mine now and it way more improved than the original seat. Although the diminsions are larger it really doesn't feel that much larger. There is plenty of room to move fore and aft. It may not be a road sofa like a Corbin but I think this looks 100% better.

It's a huge improvement over stock.

I got mine for $250.00 shipped from eBay. It's a Yamaha dealer in California. You may want to check with your local Yamaha dealer as I'm hearing of people getting them for right around $200 local.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello everyone, so today I got in 185 miles and the seat is a step up from stock definitely but due to it being new I still think there is mileage needed to break the foam down more for comfort maybe. I noticed all day long my crotch is always over an inch away from the tank when I look down and I can see an inch of seat between me and the tank which I myself like not hugging the tank always like the stock seat made me do with the cup shape. I'm 229 lbs so let that sink in why I did suffer butt numbness problem at 50 miles. I did make a few stops once at 65 miles another at 115 miles and a few short pauses at stop signs and construction in the country. You really notice the extra wide front end as I found myself at 6' tall with my legs having. Ore room as you do sit a bit taller. I got the seat off Amazon shipped for $249 and took less than a week. I love how the seat looks and the side panels hug the tank very tight and love how the seat has no play at all like the stock seat.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I looked on eBay and the descriptions said for 2017 only. am I looking at the wrong item, or does it fit on the 2016 ASWELL?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
That's a great looking seat but the material looks "very grippy".
I'm just not comfortable on something I can't slide around on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for follow up as I just ordered this seat also. I was going to order the 2017 stock seat for my 2016 FZ09. I tried it and more comfortable and didn't cause me to slide into tank. It can be purchased for about $200 if cost is a factor for comfort seat.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I just purchase the seat on Amazon for $227.99 with free shipping and no tax.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice seat. Clean your garage. lol And I like how your rug pattern matches that chair.
I've got one word for you buddy!!!! Kids!!!!! Actually we are getting ready to move to a house we are buying so right now I have to be careful getting the bike in and out. One car garages suck but my new garage is a two car garage so at least the bike will have its own big space.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
I am soooo close to buying this seat but would really like to see/sit on one first being 6'3"/35" inseam. My SR seat works well for me in that aspect.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts