Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
I'll stick with my police road king for the comfy stuff, FZ for the wheelie stuff.
I still don't see many people pulling wheelies on a v-rod... and why the Octane looks like the 750 street I don't know but illustrates how lacking originality is these days.
All IMHO

·
Registered
117 Posts
These are bikes for riders who don't like corners. ( apologies in advance to members with these bikes, your 09 excludes you anyway)
Or speed.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrMQ3QwyPo

Yeah, all cruiser guys hate corners. :/

If someone doesn't like cruisers that's fine, but I take mine to Arkansas or to the Hill Country as often as I can to get to the corners. I like cruisers and I have lots of fun in the twisties. I've done 135mph on my bike and it runs 0-60 in less than 4 sec as well. No it's not a sportbike but that doesn't keep it from being fun. Amd not all of my riding is inspired by performance. It feels different to ride a cruiser and I like that feeling. I'm happy to now be in a position to own both types of bikes and I think I'll enjoy that immensely. Anyway, there is no reason to compare this new Victory to sportbikes or to the diavel or vmax as those are all going to make no difference to a cruiser rider, which is who the bike was designed for.

·
Registered
555 Posts
My HD FLHPI corners just fine, is tons of fun in the twisites - although the floorboards may suffer in the process - and will bang a uturn in <18'

I'll still have fun on the FZ, as soon as I can find a comfortable seat...
My stock HD seat is a 24x7 seat - spoiled me.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The V-Twin market is just a little ignorant right now. The fantastic-handling XR1200 sold like crap, so HD killed it. They didn't do the P156 bike for no reason. Granted, it was for engine testing and development, but it shows that it could happen.

·
Registered
609 Posts
" 104 horsepower and 76 foot-pounds of tire-shredding torque" "rev beyond 8000 rpm" "weighing just 528 pounds" "32-degrees of available lean angle"

That's just insanity.
Should be made illegal.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Although I guess most of these manufacturers are stuck between a rock and a hard place. They have an aging customer base and want to draw in a younger market, but when they try to build a "performance" bike they just sit and collect dust. In my opinion the problem is they have done to good of a job cultivating a certain image and now they can't target those who maybe don't want to dress up like a village person and act like a 1%er. I mean lets face it most of us wouldn't go near a H-D bike just off the image they have created, and every time they build a decent bike like the V-Rod Street Rod their customer base turns up their noses and wouldn't buy it at half the price. If you offer them a bike with good brakes, suspension, and engine that actually is a half way decent performer they say it's not a real bike, and as for us we already have a ton of choices that fit that bill for several thousands of dollars less and we prefer to dress like power rangers not pirates.

I don't know why Victory doesn't just go ahead and build something similar to the 156 project. We all will know about it, Victory doesn't carry the Harley stigma, and I know there would be a ton of interest from the rest of the motorcycling community that isn't interested in your standard cruiser fare.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Aren't the little bikes made in India, too?

Yeah, Harley is going to have to make some changes or they are going to really start losing market share. They've already lost some to both Indian and Victory, but the direction Victory is going they will start grabbing that younger demographic that H-D is so eagerly desiring. What does H-D do about it? They bring out the 500 and 750, cheap under powered junk. Victory just laid down the gauntlet and a huge middle finger. If they keep innovating and evolving their lines like this....well, let's just say if I owned a lot of H-D stock I'd be looking to sell.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Less than 18 feet .......... imagine that.
Bless your little heart.......

My HD FLHPI corners just fine, is tons of fun in the twisites - although the floorboards may suffer in the process - and will bang a uturn in <18'

I'll still have fun on the FZ, as soon as I can find a comfortable seat...
My stock HD seat is a 24x7 seat - spoiled me.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts