Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Vortex chain and sprockets changed at 10k, slack is at one inch as I always have had it. Clutch cable adjusted properly, shift linkage pivots normally, and is adjusted to my foot. Recent oil changes used Motul v300. It's shifting pretty damn harsh under 6-7k, I'm positive at this point it wasn't like this about 1.5k miles ago (also I rode a few other fz09s and mine feels like it shifts way harsher). I feel like it's worse when it's cold out and I'm at around 165 temps, not sure for certain. I did the clutch drag test, I can stop the wheel with my hand on stands in first.

Thinking about replacing the clutch, because idk what else to try at this point I've done all the basics.
I wonder if it is a cush drive problem. I am not personally familiar with the Vortex chain. It isn't the chain slack that I was thinking, it's the play if you were to try and stretch it I was thinking. Too early to think of the term. Maybe once my coffee kicks in :coffee:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I wonder if it is a cush drive problem. I am not personally familiar with the Vortex chain. It isn't the chain slack that I was thinking, it's the play if you were to try and stretch it I was thinking. Too early to think of the term. Maybe once my coffee kicks in :coffee:
So I did another oil change after 500 miles because idk why. Bike was warm and when I shifted into 1-2-3-4 with the bike on the stand the rear tire spun fast enough I wasn't able to stop it with my hand.

Then I tried with free play virtually eliminated and still spun fast while warm. It didn't do this cold. Neutral didn't spin warm

I ordered a clutch kit since it was 80 bucks and why not.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Giorgioc i have the same problem since 3k km.Now i have 15k.Mt-09 2019 model. I searched a lot and also went to 3 different yamaha dealers.Everyone told me its normal and its the quickshifter that causes this.I didint believe because a friend with another mt the shifting is like butter.At 16k i will open the clutch cover to see what is going on inside.I think that maybe is broken disk...

21 - 24 of 24 Posts