Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
B2E92B74-1174-464E-BF71-573CF0D0423F.jpeg This FZ09 has been my labor of love. I just put Brush guards $20 off of eBay. And Grip warmers that even have a dedicated fuse on the right air access. Tied in some turn signals on the brush guards. Total cost $50. It takes patients and basic electrical knowledge that I’m sure most of you know. Time for these three jobs. About 6-8 hours over three days. The FZ09 has a Fat handlebar. So some drilling is needed to mount the ends of the brush guards. Piggy backed the turn signals to the existing ones. Read up on what is positive. Dark green right. Brown left. Red wires are ground. Blue running.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...I would like to outline my upgrades just to illustrate that anyone can turn a FZ09 into a great eye turner for about $500. That’s slip on and fly screen (which I believe EVERY FZ09 should have!) foot pegs and upgraded turn signals. Thank Goodness it isn’t a 2014-2016. Then all bets are off because the suspension upgrades and improved padded seat will add $400-$1200 to the bike. Oh and always install frame/engine sliders! Those saved my life in one bike I had to lay down.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what's wrong with a 2014 2016 fz09.
There is nothing Wrong with that model years. It is you have to invest in a suspension system to get a stable ride. 2017 models Yamaha listened and upgraded them. In fact I paid less for my 2017. Than my 2015. I learned a long time ago never to buy a first year model of any vehicle. Also the seat is like sitting on plywood. IDK about the younger people. But I HAD to have my seat upgraded. Cost. $200

1 - 6 of 6 Posts