Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the name of the 2017+ headlight unit plug? I want to make myself a small jumper cable to run a relay off for some driving lights off my high beam

·
Registered
533 Posts
Does anyone know the name of the 2017+ headlight unit plug? I want to make myself a small jumper cable to run a relay off for some driving lights off my high beam
View attachment 159221
Cycleterminal.com is your friend for connectors...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers mate. Think i've worked out the plug (Furukawa FSW 6-Pin). Now its just a matter of trying to find somewhere to buy it, slim pickings it seems in Australia...

·
Purveyor of Neat Toys
99 Posts
I think Alex at Corsa Technic will ship to you. Eastern Beaver is in Japan (expat owner, site is in English), and might be a little cheaper on shipping.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I believe that being seen is just as important as seeing.
Therefore I have some small LED driving lights on permanently, they are powered from one of the Auxiliary power outlets under the dummy scoops at the front of the bike. The triangle of light helps conspicuity.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe that being seen is just as important as seeing.
Therefore I have some small LED driving lights on permanently, they are powered from one of the Auxiliary power outlets under the dummy scoops at the front of the bike. The triangle of light helps conspicuity.
Whilst i'd love to this as well, that would be an illegal modification in Australia. Any aftermarket auxilliary lighting must either be mounted to a seperate switch (if its a foglight) or must toggle on and off with the high beams.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Whilst i'd love to this as well, that would be an illegal modification in Australia. Any aftermarket auxilliary lighting must either be mounted to a seperate switch (if its a foglight) or must toggle on and off with the high beams.
Under 10W is considered a daytime running light. With modern LEDs, this means very, very functional DRLs. At night.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Is this correct? Not wishing to be argumentative, but I've read of many owners fitting aux LEDS as DRLs (incl myself, on many bikes) which are permanently ON with the h'light. Usually wired-in through the little grey (gray) aux power terminals.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Is this correct? Not wishing to be argumentative, but I've read of many owners fitting aux LEDS as DRLs (incl myself, on many bikes) which are permanently ON with the h'light. Usually wired-in through the little grey (gray) aux power terminals.
In NSW, up to 10w are DRLs. Technically should be able to turn them off at night, but wiring in a switch while still plugging them in to the aux plug is easy enough.
Up to 7w are considered parking lights, which is what the small strip leds under the main headlights are.
If they're parking lights, they can be on all the time.

·
Registered
88 Posts
On my earlier Tracer 900 GT a pair of aux lighting plugs were located under the mounting plates behind the screen. Where are they to be found on the MT-09 / SP please - and are thee the same? See pic below. TIA...

·
Registered
88 Posts
BUMP!

On my earlier Tracer 900 GT a pair of aux lighting plugs were located under the mounting plates behind the screen. Where are they to be found on the MT-09 / SP please - and are they the same? See pic below. TIA...

View attachment 161535

1 - 12 of 12 Posts