Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went on my first organized ride this weekend. The Lighthouse Run is put on by Coos Bay Harley Davidson - so you would be correct in assuming that I was the odd man out. It turns out that there was nothing to worry about. Everyone there was very nice and inclusive - I even had several guys tell me that they like my bike.

We started the trip by riding from Portland, OR to Coos Bay (about 220 miles) on Friday afternoon. Spent Friday night partying with a bunch of Harley owners and listening to live music. Saturday was the poker run. We hit 5 stops and rode about 150 miles up and down highway 101. More partying, awards ceremony, and live music Saturday night. The Harley dealer gave away a new 2017 Sportster 48 to one lucky guy (not me). Yesterday morning I got up early and left foe the ride home at 7:00am. Beautiful sunny ride up the coast and over the coast range mountains. It was the best ride I have ever had on a bike.

If you have never done one of these types of events, I encourage you to try it! I spent a weekend with 570 friendly motorcycle enthusiasts and put 600 miles on my bike. Cant wait to do it again - I even rode to work this morning!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts