Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
We can definitely take a look at it. Let me know when you have it off the bike and ready to ship out. Thanks. T
Curious if you ever got to look at a 17 headlight, I'm at the point now where I'm just going to pit an led light bar on it night driving is horrendous!

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yes we did get to look at the headlight. I believe the headlight reflector can still be swapped out to provide a better light output however we didn't have a wiring diagram to power this up while we had it. Will have to hope we get a 17 here local to get a better look at this to make it better. It's quite fascinating to look at all the bikes with led headlights and see how each manufacturer is going about this in different ways. Yamaha uses large diodes with projector, Honda uses small diodes with reflectors, Ducati uses large diodes with small reflectors. Each one has a different take on the led's and what will work the best.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes we did get to look at the headlight. I believe the headlight reflector can still be swapped out to provide a better light output however we didn't have a wiring diagram to power this up while we had it. Will have to hope we get a 17 here local to get a better look at this to make it better. It's quite fascinating to look at all the bikes with led headlights and see how each manufacturer is going about this in different ways. Yamaha uses large diodes with projector, Honda uses small diodes with reflectors, Ducati uses large diodes with small reflectors. Each one has a different take on the led's and what will work the best.
Out of frustration with the poor light output and lack of alternatives I'm currently in the process of designing and brainstorming a 3d printed bracket that will compliment the shape of the headlight but house either 2 100w cree leds with a projector or possibly a row of 4 halogen bulbs with more of a flood design to help combat the narrow window of light the factory light uses.
Night not come about right away or even at all but I feel with all the mods available for this bike the category lacking the most is lighting as a whole.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
On a side note someone posted a PDF copy of the 17+ manual which has a full wiring diagram in it but idk if it said what the voltages are though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
would love to see some options for some running lights that maybe follow the shape of the lens and lights that light up the road:angel4:

21 - 25 of 25 Posts