Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2017 section added!!
http://tripageled.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=114_152

Here we have some of the mods we were able to perform for the 17 FZ09.

plug n play signal flasher relay

Led passenger pegs 16 led's per peg for signal function

Our Semi flush signals for the front with Running/signal function and plug n play

Integrated signals for the OEM taillight. Made the middle led's running/brake lights and changed out the OEM red running lights to amber signals

12 led's per side for added brake lighting to the rear tail left/right fairings

I will get some more pictures once installed on the bike.

IMG_4516.JPG
IMG_4570.JPG IMG_4571.JPG IMG_4572.JPG IMG_4573.JPG

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
One other mode that might be a big seller is if there is a way to fix the LED headlights on the 2017 FZ-09.

There are a few people reporting the stock headlight beam pattern sucks for night riding where there are no street lights. If there is anyway to fix the headlight beam pattern??? I am sure their would be some interest in a fix.

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW!!!! That is horrible for light output. Aren't there 4 lights on the front of this and that is all the light they can put out?? I wonder if they are doing this like the old R6 where it's the same light for the low beam that is used on the high beam and just the angle is changed? Anyone in Central Florida area that can let me borrow their FZ to see what I can do for this?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nope it's dual low/dual high. Suspect a redesign of the reflectors would be required to change the beam pattern unfortunately and I can't see it happening but would love to be proven wrong! :D

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the video. I wonder if there is a heat issue or something with the OEM led's and they had to go to a less bright version to compensate?

We have the 201 Honda grom led headlight and it has 2 led's for low beam and 2 for the high beam. It's not a projector but it almost seems like the box output is hindering it. Need to get a headlight to open it up to see what may be possible to change this.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Hopefully Tripage can come up with a headlight fix for the 2017, since the Yamaha Fog Light option is way over priced and they cannot be adjusted side to side, only up and down???

FOG LIGHTS CRAZY PRICE.jpg

There are a few options for adding auxiliary lights that could be added and not make the bike look bad. Like in the fake intake scoops or under the headlight.

2017_FZ09_LED_LIGHT_BAR.jpg

Considering how much Yamaha charges for the 2017 stock headlight you'd think they would have done a better job on how it works???

2017-headlight.jpg

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hopefully Tripage can come up with a headlight fix for the 2017, since the Yamaha Fog Light option is way over priced and they cannot be adjusted side to side, only up and down???

View attachment 106530

There are a few options for adding auxiliary lights that could be added and not make the bike look bad. Like in the fake intake scoops or under the headlight.

View attachment 106538

Considering how much Yamaha charges for the 2017 stock headlight you'd think they would have done a better job on how it works???

View attachment 106706
Anyone in Central FL with a 2017 FZ that is willing to let us [email protected] a solution for the headlights? We are also wanting to get our hands on the FZ07 to see what we can do for this model. It's easier to have a model on hand to come up with the new products so we can see the different aspects of the parts as they are installed/removed from the bikes. Please help us spread the word even if you aren't in the central FL area some of your riding buddies may know someone who is and wants some free mods performed!!!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
wire all the lights to come on at the same time, forget about the low/high functionality. did this on my Buell, had one light for low and the other for high...rewired for both to come on as I did the FZ, despite having to change the base plate to accept the bulb into the housing. only use low beam now due to the light output of both LEDs. anything is possible if you want to put the time into it.

20171106_190411.jpg

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wire all the lights to come on at the same time, forget about the low/high functionality. did this on my Buell, had one light for low and the other for high...rewired for both to come on as I did the FZ, despite having to change the base plate to accept the bulb into the housing. only use low beam now due to the light output of both LEDs. anything is possible if you want to put the time into it.

View attachment 129722
Sounds like our Dual headlight module would have worked out for this. We make both lights on for low beam and then the high beam will be full brightness when turned on. Works for providing a little more light output in filament bulbs, OR our Dual led headlight mod. We make both headlights low and high beam!!! Giving you more output for both low and High beam. This can be done on many models!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Would you guys be able to mod the DRL LEDs on the headlight to also be an integrated turn signal? I mean ID be willing to let you guys experiment on my headlights, I live in Georgia though so Id only be able to send you my headlight.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well if you need a test mule PM me. Id be willing to send ya my headlight for some R&D and free mods :toothy5: Bikes just sitting around since its too cold to ride anyways lol Id also be interested in seeing if you guys could do some demon eyes with the projectors, something like this r_grande_4369e498-3a22-46aa-9ea8-db58c7016159_1024x1024.jpg

1 - 20 of 25 Posts