Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got the same color as you,
mods i done so far are akrapovic full carbon system with bazzaz fuel controller with tune
radiator guard
tinted windscreen
cant get the fender eliminator from yamaha yet there on back order, But i plan on getting the quickshifter when its available

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome ! pics ?

Also, the QS are available, Ordered mine today aswell, 4 weeks wait tho lol. Did you find the windscreen helped with the wind at all ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I can post some pics tomorrow i havent ridden the bike yet with the windscreen we just got hit with a snowstorm (massachusetts) Gonna call the dealer tomorrow and put a order in for the qs main thing i want gone is the fender

·
Registered
178 Posts
The first time I saw the 17 model I thought to myself, "who in the hell came up with that license plate holder"? I've seen some cruisers, and Ducati use a similar rig but that thing has to be one of the worst additions to a sport bike I've seen in a long time. Maybe they knew it would be one of the best ways to sell an after-sale part.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm hoping to get the same white beast next week or so. 16" of snow in Maine yesterday displeases me though.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Bro I feel you, I live in New Brunswick Canada rogh beside Maine, and its a huge storm today. pretty shitty.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These tail tidy kits are not on backorder...

Yamaha MT-09 | FZ-09 | 2017 | Fender Eliminator | Tail Tidy | Mustard Bikes

With the exchange rate its about $116 US

Good looking bike DrPepper!
Thanks dude,
And yeah I just got myself an aftermarket tail tidy on Ebay for cheap, the only thing im wondering is, as I have to get the whole mudguard/tailtidy off the bike, Im pretty sure it holds something with the big NUT on the left side of the wheel.

as seen in the link above, it seems like they have machined a piece of metal to go above it and replace that chunk of metal where the old tail tidy use to be.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks dude,
And yeah I just got myself an aftermarket tail tidy on Ebay for cheap, the only thing im wondering is, as I have to get the whole mudguard/tailtidy off the bike, Im pretty sure it holds something with the big NUT on the left side of the wheel.

as seen in the link above, it seems like they have machined a piece of metal to go above it and replace that chunk of metal where the old tail tidy use to be.
Yeah you need either a spacer like the one in the kit or an axle from a MY16 or older FZ/MT 09. The axle on the MY17 is longer to accommodate the plate holder. remove plate holder = need for short axle or spacer.

2014 14 15 16 YAMAHA FZ09 FZ9 FZ 900 OEM REAR WHEEL AXLE SPINDLE | eBay

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
128 Posts
I bought the same color last week.I've got 400 miles on it already. Going to rid the bike of the plate holder also , but was not going to give Yamaha any money for it.I bought my bracket off ebay this week.Theres lots of products to get rid of it but it seems you have to buy a older axle and spacer which they call a chain puller.The two parts cost me 57.00 plus the tail tady . I will be fitting them and the smaller turn signals this week.Hope the weather changes for you soon.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I got the same color as you,
mods i done so far are akrapovic full carbon system with bazzaz fuel controller with tune
radiator guard
tinted windscreen
cant get the fender eliminator from yamaha yet there on back order, But i plan on getting the quickshifter when its available
which windscreen did you get?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I bought the same color last week.I've got 400 miles on it already. Going to rid the bike of the plate holder also , but was not going to give Yamaha any money for it.I bought my bracket off ebay this week.Theres lots of products to get rid of it but it seems you have to buy a older axle and spacer which they call a chain puller.The two parts cost me 57.00 plus the tail tady . I will be fitting them and the smaller turn signals this week.Hope the weather changes for you soon.
Awesome ! make sure to post pics whenever,

Also, did you get some sort of adapter plate for the front blinkers ? I remember my fz07 needed some but I just glued them there!

And yeah thats what I did too for the Tail tidy, only took 1 week to recieve off ebay. Now i gotta find a cheap <16 rear axle assembly.

Have you guys thought of uppgrading the exhaust yet ? I had an M4 on my fz07 but I think I want a full system on the fz09.

I want the most power and a nice look and sound, from what I can tell right now, the Akra Carbon and the Termignoni seems to be the best bet. What do you guys think?

1 - 20 of 155 Posts