Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I did a dumb thing and accidentally left my MAP sensor unplugged when I was installing my block off plates. The issue now is that I started the bike with it unplugged, and popped the CEL. I have the FT ECU flashing kit, but I don't see anywhere in the software to reset the codes (just to read them... equally WTF).

At any rate, is there no way to reset the CEL on the bike itself? Or someone know of a way to do so in the FT ECU software that I'm not seeing? I even flashed the ECU twice; once turning off the code and once turning it back on, and it was still stored when I fired the bike back up.....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wouldn't a battery disconnect reset the cel?
Hi all, I did a dumb thing and accidentally left my MAP sensor unplugged when I was installing my block off plates. The issue now is that I started the bike with it unplugged, and popped the CEL. I have the FT ECU flashing kit, but I don't see anywhere in the software to reset the codes (just to read them... equally WTF).

At any rate, is there no way to reset the CEL on the bike itself? Or someone know of a way to do so in the FT ECU software that I'm not seeing? I even flashed the ECU twice; once turning off the code and once turning it back on, and it was still stored when I fired the bike back up.....
Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldn't a battery disconnect reset the cel?

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
To be honest, I hadn't even thought of trying that. Too used to today's day and age where you just plug something in to reset codes.
I wonder if the trip ODOs would reset by disconnecting the battery?

·
Registered
1 Posts
To be honest, I hadn't even thought of trying that. Too used to today's day and age where you just plug something in to reset codes.
I wonder if the trip ODOs would reset by disconnecting the battery?
I know this is a few years old but did disconnecting the battery work? Im having the same issue but I tried the battery and it still has the code.

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
I know this is a few years old but did disconnecting the battery work? Im having the same issue but I tried the battery and it still has the code.
Send the OP a personal message.

·
Registered
384 Posts
disconnecting the battery work? Im having the same issue but I tried the battery and it still has the code.
Older model bikes yes. Now a days, late model bikes, no. Only way is ODBII reader. I tried the battery trick and it did not work. Thankfully I had an ODBII reader for a previous car issue. All I had to do was make an adapter.

I'm on a flight which is about to end so won't be able to search for you, but search for ODBII adapters and you will find how-to's.

Reactions: MK3Brent

·
Registered
717 Posts
Older model bikes yes. Now a days, late model bikes, no. Only way is ODBII reader. I tried the battery trick and it did not work. Thankfully I had an ODBII reader for a previous car issue. All I had to do was make an adapter.

I'm on a flight which is about to end so won't be able to search for you, but search for ODBII adapters and you will find how-to's.
Where you flying to, eh? Vacation? Didn’t invite us?!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Where you flying to, eh? Vacation? Didn’t invite us?!
I certainly wished. I was flying home from Reno NV for work. It was a day trip. Went Tuesday, returned yesterday.

Reactions: MK3Brent
1 - 8 of 8 Posts