Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, thought I'd share a small clip of the Horn Upgrade I did using the Denali Mini. Took maybe 5 minutes to switch out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am considering that one, still looking to get the duals working, it's a huge difference...trying to make it an easy swap...
That could be a solid option I'm sure. The Denali mini was a great option for the price. $29.99 on Revzilla. Didn't have to modify anything for the install either besides rotating both wires inward towards each other for an easier install. I'll throw a little electrical tape on the connects for a little extra water resistance and be done.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's been the go-to replacement for sportbikes for years because of the size and fit. I'm just not a fan of the results, it's different but not a head turner like a dual tone.
I hear ya. Actually, I think I saw someone install the 2 piece dual tone Denali beneath each of the front cowls. Was a decently extensive install since mounting took some imagination. But the results were an awesome sound and it was completely hidden.

·
Registered
2018 MT09 Street
107 Posts
so has someone installed two denali soundbomb? how load is it compared to one soundbomb and compared to the stock meep horn? and how does it look? where did you guys mount it? i'm thinking about doing the two soundbombs setup?

·
Registered
119 Posts
so has someone installed two denali soundbomb? how load is it compared to one soundbomb and compared to the stock meep horn? and how does it look? where did you guys mount it? i'm thinking about doing the two soundbombs setup?
I haven't done it, but I am tempted to shoe horn it above the transmission, clutch side. Of course I don't have it on my hands to try it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have a stebel nautilus I've been trying to figure a mounting spot for. Loud as shit, but really bulky.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
318 Posts
I have a stebel nautilus I've been trying to figure a mounting spot for. Loud as shit, but really bulky.
I had a nautilus on my last bike - as you said very loud - but I couldn't keep it working long term - tried all sorts of stuff but over 1000's of miles it would just get 'shit' in the compressor and stop working.

·
Registered
2018 MT09 Street
107 Posts
I had a nautilus on my last bike - as you said very loud - but I couldn't keep it working long term - tried all sorts of stuff but over 1000's of miles it would just get 'shit' in the compressor and stop working.
good to know to stay away from compressor type horns.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
318 Posts
If I were going to do it again I'd get one where the compressor & horn are independent, so the compressor could be mounted in protected/clean air space. I think my main problem was that at that time both my GF and I both lived about 5 miles in on gravel/dirt roads so the horn got a lot of dust, mud, and grime. Being a single (large) unit I couldn't properly protect the compressor. I will say it was LOUD - one of the loudest horns I've ever personally heard, and dual tone.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts