Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

East Coast Ride 2017 ~ June 1,2,3,4

45K views 283 replies 27 participants last post by  rale 
#1 · (Edited)
UPDATE: At 6pm May 1st we will be releasing our hold on all unreserved rooms . And don't forget to bring $40, or so, in cash to pay for the food.

If by chance you are new to this event...it's a three night get together at Albert's Aventure Lodge near Burnsville, NC.

Just Google Earth the location to see that it is right on NC80, one of the greatest rides in North Carolina.
This place is, for sure, way out in the country. So...if you're used to having a Waffle House or Wendy's right out your front door, then you may not be right for this little gathering. A nice little restaurant for diner service is right next door and then there is forum member, Bowinkle whose always got something on the grill for breakfast or dinner. And gas is just 7 miles away.

More importantly...
it's a pleasant group of riders that won't hold you up or leave you stranded. And some of the best roads anywhere.
We also have a Saturday night dinner party, but without the usual prize drawing.
You can look through threads from past years to get a better idea of what's what.

We have all 10 lodge rooms blocked out for us, with nearby cabins also available.
The Birdhouse cabin has been reserved for those that stayed there last year.
Contact Debbie or Van @ Albert's for reservations. 828-675-4691

Albert's Lodge at Mt. Mitchell - Albert's Lodge at Mt. Mitchell - Burnsville, NC minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway and Mt. Mitchell State Park
Do not use their online reservations app.
You have to call, or email: Stay@AlbertsLodge.com to secure for place for this much anticipated event.

There are other options for lodging very close by, if Albert's sells out. Just ask Van or Debbie for the hook up.

Do mention your affiliation with Lloyd's Yamaha Group when securing your lodging, otherwise they will tell you they have nothing.

ECR 2017, it's bound to be a good one.

http://www.fz09.org/forum/8-fz-09-p...east-coast-rally-photo-thread.html#post218072

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

See less See more
#2 ·
If by chance you are new to this event...it's a three night ride-n-eat at Albert's Aventure Lodge near Burnsville, NC.
A nice little restaurant for diner service is right next door and then there is forum member, Bowinkle whose always got something on the grill for breakfast.
Just Google Earth the location to see that is is located right on NC80, one of the greatest rides in North Carolina.
This place is, for sure, way out in the country. So...if you're used to having a Waffle House or Wendy's right out your front door,
then you may not be right for this little gathering.

More importantly...
it's a pleasant group of riders that won't hold you up or leave you stranded. And some of the best roads anywhere.
We also have a Saturday night dinner party with a prize drawing featuring all sorts of premium farkles and services.
You can look through threads from past years to get a better idea of what's what.

We have all 10 lodge rooms blocked out for us, with nearby cabins also available.
The Birdhouse cabin has been reserved for those that stayed there last year.
Contact Debbie or Van @ Albert's for reservations. 828-675-4691

Albert's Lodge at Mt. Mitchell - Albert's Lodge at Mt. Mitchell - Burnsville, NC minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway and Mt. Mitchell State Park
Do not use their online reservations app.
You have to call, or email: Stay@AlbertsLodge.com to secure for place for this much anticipated event.

There are other options for lodging very close by, if Albert's sells out. Just ask Van or Debbie for the hook up.

Do mention your affiliation with Lloyd's Yamaha Group when securing your lodging, otherwise they will tell you they have nothing.

ECR 2017, it's bound to be a good one.
Count me in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#25 ·
This looks tempting...

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

#26 ·
Keith I promise you would not be disappointed. You and Stacey are the exact type of people that come to this little gathering and I say this in my most complimentary voice.

Reactions: blkbrd
#38 ·
As was stated in another post, usually at least a couple or three groups that vary by how you are comfortable riding. There is obviously different wants/needs from this type of gathering....some like to ride 300+ mile days at a brisk pace, some like the sightseeing/relaxed pace component of the event, some like a bit of both. As far as I know, we've never really had any issues accommodating any of the attendees with the type of riding that they want to do. It's a very fun event. And further, some guys just like to venture out on their own and go riding/exploring. You really should make plans to try it, I believe you will be pleasantly surprised....and who knows, you might even have a great time!

#42 ·
Ok, I'm in. Just reserved my room with Van. Looking forward to it and to meeting some of you shady characters in person.

I've got a ride in late April with some fellow ATL riders (mostly BMW guys, but I try not to hold that against them) in the same area (staying at Little Switzerland Inn) so hopefully I'll know a few of the roads at least a little by the time this trip rolls around - never been east of Asheville on the BRP.

Should be fun!!

#47 ·
Not sure this is the place to ask this vs a pm, but what's the deal with food, drink, etc for the trip? As a newb here, I would appreciate a little input, although obviously it's not urgent as I have nearly half a year to get my $h1t together.

I believe I read there was a restaurant nearby and each room has its own kitchenette. Is there a group pot to put money in for group meals, should l bring my own, etc? I'm likely trailering up so I can bring items that others might not be able to (case of beer, etc), although I don't plan to arrive until Friday afternoon.

Happy to help however I can; don't necessarily want to be a freeloader but I'm pretty good at that as well....

#48 · (Edited)
We have a "special" route map for the freeloaders.........it sends them to the land of 11 turns in 318 miles..........A.K.A.........Floriduh! :laughing7:

As far as the food goes, Bowinkle and some others have been the ones that have brought most of the food for the get-togethers. We all kick in some money to cover the cost if you plan on partaking of the unbelievable food that he and other fix. I think I've already gained about 5 lbs just thinking about it...........Yummy!

Id give myself a "like" for that post ^^^^^ if i could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.