Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I'm going to join you guys. I'll be riding in on Friday though. I made the trip last year around the same time and had a blast (solo).
Welcome aboard. You have quite a trip there. A buddy of mine road from St. Louis to Dallas in one day though.
I'll make sure you get a cold one when you arrive.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I know from experience that Arkansas in early October is prime riding season. Great temperatures and the leaf peepers haven't yet descended on the state.
So many good roads not only in that corner of the state, but Missouri is chock full of good stuff too.
HWY 125 between Bradleyville and Reuter is 20 miles of bliss. It's in the southwest corner of the state and is Missouri's own little dragon :)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Would all those planning on going please send me a private message so I will have at least an approximate count.
The count will determine several things such as meet up point, restaurant reservations, routes, etc.
Of course you will be able to join what ever group or groups you desire but I want to at least have several meet up places planned.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I may be able to come up that way for a day or two, would be trailering from South Texas though...
If you get a handle on any sort of itinerary, that'd be great!
Sent you a PM

·
Registered
125 Posts
Long range weather report looks perfect...no rain and temps in the low 80's....
I'll bring the bike up in the bed of my pickup, arriving mid day Thursday.
Booked a room at the Travelodge just down the road...
Looking forward to meeting you all..

·
Registered
2,015 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I am staying at:
Pine Lodge Cabins & Suites
454 W Van Buren
Eureka Springs, Arkansas 72632
in Suite #7
Reservations: 800-442-9411
In case anyone needs a room in addition to the bed room it has a queen size
fold out sofa in the living room so someone can always bunk there.

My cell phone number is:
636-627-1184

We can get together here…favorite biker watering hole.
Pied Piper Pub & Inn and the Cat House Lounge
82 Armstrong Street, Eureka Springs

If we get back in time before they close this is a great short scenic drive and great cheap food.
War Eagle Mill
11045 War Eagle Road, Rogers 72756
Lunch 10:30 — 4:00

Charles

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I was speaking on this last night with friends and was reminded that the 8th is our last race of the season, so I may have spoken too soon. I'm torn, but I think I'd rather do the rally. I'll be watching the weather reports as next week approaches to make my final decision.

·
Registered
125 Posts
HELP WITH CHECK ENGINE LIGHT NEEDED at Eureka Springs

I just spent 3 hours at the dealership this morning while they tried to get their computer to talk to my bike in order to clear the CEL (Check Engine Light)...with no results. (the shop cleared the CEL 6 weeks ago for the side stand recall, but it came back on the ride home from the shop that same day...)

So, if anyone has an OBD reader and the proper connector, AND knows how to properly clear a Check Engine Light AND if you are happen to e be going to Eureka Springs this weekend...
if you'd like to help out a seasoned citizen I'll buy you a beer or three...! (I can rebuild 70's Goldwing Carburetors pretty much blindfolded, but never worked with an OBD...)

Dealership said it would not hurt to ride the bike so I'll ride it and we can mess with it Saturday night in the motel parking lot if anyone can help...

·
Super Moderator
4,093 Posts
I know nothing about this, but had to ask...disconnecting the battery for a few minutes is no help? Silly, I know.
Also, have you checked the self diagnostics to see if there is a code?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Tried the battery disconnect, no luck.
No diagnostics available on my bike via the speedo head...it is a 2016...sadly Yamaha discontinued that feature after 2014 I believe...

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
61 - 80 of 100 Posts