Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am thinking in the North West area of Arkansas which (in my opinion) has the best roads (Pig Trail for example), great scenery, and a great many interesting sites and towns (Eureka Springs, Fayetteville Walmart art museum, etc.) as well as good food at almost any place you go to.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Typically there is a lot going on in September so I am thinking the early part of October. It will be less crowded and still not too cold yet.
I am open to ideas.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I could be convinced to ride there, depending on avalibility

If anyone hasnt been, NW arkansas is worth the trip..... heck, ive driven down just for pie (400+ mi each way)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Didn't we try this last year? I ended up going solo for 3 days when it fell thru. I'm in for October.
If I recall correctly you were planning a gathering mid state. I had actually planned to attend myself until something cam up.
All I can say is that I am going to give this my best effort and hope that Eureka Springs area (Branson, MO is only about an hour north as well) will entice more people to join up. For those out there that have not been to Eureka Springs you might want to google it, it has a lot offer and some of the best riding you can find anywhere.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
War Eagle Mill about 1/2 hour on a beautiful tree lined road from Eureka Springs is not to be missed especially you like ham, beans, and corn bread.

·
Registered
83 Posts
We used to have an sv650 rally at 'the hub' near jasper. I dont know of you could cover the best roads in 3 days or not.

·
Registered
298 Posts
If the timing is right I'd love to do it. I'd have to find a way to trailer it though. 800 miles in a day on this bike is too much for my big ass. 500 is the absolute limit of what I can stand before my knees start to go numb.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If the timing is right I'd love to do it. I'd have to find a way to trailer it though. 800 miles in a day on this bike is too much for my big ass. 500 is the absolute limit of what I can stand before my knees start to go numb.
I know what you mean. Yesterday I took a ride and got a damn cramp in my left leg...took 10 minutes of hanging it down and shaking it out.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'll keep an eye on this thread. I just moved to Dallas from MS and would love to make it if the dates work out.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts