Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased a 2017 FZ-09 and had an intermittent issue with the ABS light coming on anywhere from 2-30 mins of riding. I took it to the shop, and they said that the bike is throwing code 11, which means it has to do with the front ABS sensor. They looked it over and found that the dealer I originally bought it from that had put the bike together, had the ABS sensor and the bracket on backwards. The sensor goes first and the bracket goes second, and mine was the other way around. With it being installed the other way, it left a gap between the ring and the sensor too big. The gap should only be about 2mm, and that gap was making the sensor malfunction. The shop did say that the instructions to putting the bike together isn't very clear about the sensor and bracket, so it could easily be put on the wrong way by any dealer. Wanted to pass this along to anyone in the future that may have this problem shortly after buying a new FZ-09 or any bike really.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Any Tech should have known that rotating sensors work better closer than further apart. This sort of thing doesn't build confidence in dealers. Neither does working in a bike shop.

Reactions: KamelReds

·
Registered
304 Posts
Thanks, this was very helpful.

When my suspension guy put my forks back together he must have put them in reverse. I only saw the led blinking once, but glad you posted!
I want that ABS to work when I need it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks, this was very helpful.

When my suspension guy put my forks back together he must have put them in reverse. I only saw the led blinking once, but glad you posted!
I want that ABS to work when I need it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This is backwards right? Needs to be corrected?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
It appears so. 2 minute fix

Reactions: ausrobbo
1 - 6 of 6 Posts