Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I think it’s gay California model and color, frames should all be the same. Hope you get your bike together.
OK I'll give them a call on Monday and try to sort that out. I don't have a title but a bill of sale because I bought it at copart but I can check the data tag or gooseneck stamping.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Brand new. Partshart.com. Will have MSO i believe. Check out the site. I have no affiliation with them. Retail is $701.00 according to the price sheet.
OK I've done some research based on your input so thanks a lot for that. Looks like there are 6 different Application ranges. By that I mean the letters after the FZ09 denote a range. It looks like they are alphabetically C quincel so mine is FZ09GA in the VIN. There is no GA in the list so I think it falls under the GB. If you look at the rest of the 5 after that they're all alphabetical so I think you look for something that falls within the range and you go to the next one down unless yours nails it exactly. I will call to find out. So with that it begs 2 more questions. Is it the 1st or the 2nd, The 1st has the U49, where the 2nd having the CAL. It would sure be nice if it were the 2nd but this brings me back into thinking maybe I'll put it together. I'm sure it comes blank where the serial number is so I might have to have that stamped, I need to research that too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Manufacture statement of origin. It’s a Yamaha dealer. Yamaha OEM Parts

You need the MSO to get a title. I believe it would just be liked to your current vin. Would be 100% legit.

I have mint forks, fender(yellow), front axel, all the tail plastics, front master cylinder, clutch perch, front rotors. I put R1 forks forks on along with tons of other stuff, shit is shitting around. PM if you’re interested.
IF it's a CAL then it's a no brainer because I have a lot of other things to buy too. If nothing else we can all learn about the VIN and ordering parts. I will share the information I learn. I will check my forks but if need be I would be very intrested in yours and I have a blue Fender that I need but might be easier to buy a blue one then to paint yours. Certainly other parts I will need. I just want to keep it stock don't wanna get too stupid with it and lose my CDL. Thanks for the great info.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Its listed right on the screenshot that he provided. www.partshark.com
Been through it already. Thx
OK I've done some research based on your input so thanks a lot for that. Looks like there are 6 different Application ranges. By that I mean the letters after the FZ09 denote a range. It looks like they are alphabetically C quincel so mine is FZ09GA in the VIN. There is no GA in the list so I think it falls under the GB. If you look at the rest of the 5 after that they're all alphabetical so I think you look for something that falls within the range and you go to the next one down unless yours nails it exactly. I will call to find out. So with that it begs 2 more questions. Is it the 1st or the 2nd, The 1st has the U49, where the 2nd having the CAL. It would sure be nice if it were the 2nd but this brings me back into thinking maybe I'll put it together. I'm sure it comes blank where the serial number is so I might have to have that stamped, I need to research that too. View attachment 158581

OK so in deciphering it looks like there are just basically 2 flavors of frame and is probly applies to many parts. They have California and non California models the rest of the letters are just paint codes. Looks like there are 3 colors and 2016 and that would be Gray, blue and black or they call it raven.

• GB or GCB (The second letter, "C" is California) I guess this is blue.
  • GGY OR GCGY (The second letter, "C" is California) This is grey.
  • GL or GCL (The second letter, "C" is California) I guess this is black, they might have avoided using B so it's not confused with blue, so they use second letter of black???
So it appears to me there are 2 flavors of frames the California model and the non California model. Oddly enough the California model is cheaper and I don't know why you couldn't use it for a non California model bike. Best I could establish is that maybe there are mounting apparatus for a charcoal canister for the California model but I'd like to find an FZ09 guru who might be able to offer more insight.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts