Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So uh.... this is my current bike, it's a 2009 FZ6.

I'v been wanted to grab a FZ09 since they came out, but couldn't get over the ugly gold forks and general color schemes, but it looks like my complaints are fixed for 2016.

I may have to pick up a stablemate for the FZ6! Blah OMG, the new color is so awesome! Sorry, I'm just super excited. I always hated the colors schemes on the FZ09.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gloss black over matte grey? all it takes is some vinyl wrap to get rid of the gold forks.
Matte grey would be sick with the black forks. Vinyl wrapping my forks on a new motorcycle because I don't like the way they looked doesn't sound fun.

This one is my all time favorite color scheme, but we didn't get it. Maybe I would have liked the FZ09 colors better if the MT09 didn't come in better colors.

The Yellow FZ09.... that's the WORST one.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ill keep my blazing orange thank you. Black is a great color but boring so that's probably why they didn't come out with it till now. Carbon fiber fork guards cover the gold nicely if its that bad. And yes Yellow is the worst looking everything, specially motorcycles.
The bike is so damn fast and fun to ride you forget what color it is except yellow cause it makes you have to go to the restroom or nearest tree.

Enjoying the view and cold frosties in Clear Lake, Ca

untitled.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Black is a great color but boring so that's probably why they didn't come out with it till now.
Maybe that's why I like it so much? Black is timeless, colors are great for a year or so, but I quickly get tired of colors. Every time I buy a vehicle that isn't white, gray, or black I find myself hating it within one year.

Also, not sure about the FZ09, but on the FZ6 the black actually has a really cool purple sparkle to it.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
All the colours look better in person, and all you can see when riding is the tank anyways. I did not like the Yellow online, but in person and outside in the sun makes a huge difference.

I kind of like the UK MT-09 black version with silver frame and forks. 2014 Yamaha MT-09 Review

It's all personal preference, as at first I wasn't crazy about the gold forks on my Rapid Red, but it grew on me. Like others have said, it you don't like the forks you can get them wrapped easily, or buy one of many carbon fibre wrap kit already out there. They have been making them for dirt bike invert forks for years, I am sure there are some that will fit easily enough.

·
Registered
426 Posts
i had to get the blurple wheels.

I think yellow doesn't really go with the bike.

My supermoto is yellow and obnoxious. Which is how the bike is, so it "works"

if my FZ was yellow I think it would be obnoxious in a bad way.

Athough, they do look great outside in the sun.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Technically Black is not a color :cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love the yellow if they had it out when i bought mine i would have gotten it but i do also like my blurple wheels lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ohhhhh carbonr1 that is a very sexy looking bike minus the silver frame lol

·
Registered
475 Posts
I was going to pen an ode to my bike, but couldn't think of anything that rhymed with 'blurple'... :)

Oh, here she is in person - be nice!...

image.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts