Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 343 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If by chance you are new to this thread...it's a three night ride-n-eat near Burnsville, NC.
A pleasant enough group of riders that won't hold you up or leave you stranded. Some of the best roads anywhere.
Saturday night group dinner party and prize drawing.

There are other options for lodging very close by, if Albert's sells out. Just ask Van or Debbie for the hook up.

We have all 10 lodge rooms and two cabins, the Bear Den 1 & 2.
The Chateau Leza and The Birdhouse cabins have been reserved for those that stayed there last year.

Contact Debbie or Van for reservations. 828-675-4691

Lodging update...
Albert's Adventure Lodge called to tell me that rooms are almost gone. No fear, they have access to many cabins and condos very, very close by.
http://www.alberts-burnsville.com/
Do not use their online reservations app.
Remember you have to call or email. 828-675-4691 Email: [email protected]

Do mention your affiliation with Lloyd's Yamaha Group when securing your lodging.

·
Super Moderator
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a great plan Lloyd! Please count on me to be there and maybe kick things up a notch with the food.
Jim, you're the Master of Ceremonies!!! You are most definitely in.
Kick it up a notch? That gas station pizza was plenty good enough with the brats and burgers. Or are you planning on us staying up all night with a bottle of Makers Mark and roasting a pig?

Sadly the house with that lovely view and where we cooked is no longer available. SliderR1's digs will now be party central.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
>>>Sadly the house with that lovely view and where we cooked is no longer available. SliderR1's digs will now be party central.[/QUOTE]<<<<

What happened to "Chateau de Lloyd"?
Oh, count me in also cause I don't wanna miss a Bowinkle Meal!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Well if Shamrock is going....:eagerness:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Lloyd,

that long weekend went by faster than Shamrock on his red FZ. Let's hope I pass on the Makers Mark and staying up all night. I would rather put together a big country breakfast for you guys that might last you through a couple of fuel stops.

·
Super Moderator
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
>>>Sadly the house with that lovely view and where we cooked is no longer available. SliderR1's digs will now be party central.
<<<<

Oh, count me in also cause I don't wanna miss a Bowinkle Meal![/QUOTE]

The owners took it back from Van and Debbie. The three day tariff is over $700. I don't think my housemates would be good with that. But, now that I think about it, that's basically the price of a private room over in the motel, if you don't share the room. Hell, I've been saving my Social Security checks since March. By January, I was going to have enough for the Multistrada 1200S Touring. But I'll nix that and spring for the Chateau. So it's settled...we will be getting the band back together. It really is a nice view.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Squaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

I'm still in for the chateau, $700 is still a reasonable enough price for that house for 3 days.

·
Registered
94 Posts
<<<<

Oh, count me in also cause I don't wanna miss a Bowinkle Meal!
The owners took it back from Van and Debbie. The three day tariff is over $700. I don't think my housemates would be good with that. But, now that I think about it, that's basically the price of a private room over in the motel, if you don't share the room. Hell, I've been saving my Social Security checks since March. By January, I was going to have enough for the Multistrada 1200S Touring. But I'll nix that and spring for the Chateau. So it's settled...we will be getting the band back together. It really is a nice view.[/QUOTE]

I too am ok kicking in a few more bucks to get the chateau again. That attic closet I slept in reminded me of my childhood.

·
Super Moderator
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I too am ok kicking in a few more bucks to get the chateau again. That attic closet I slept in reminded me of my childhood.
Royce, you are too funny. What a shame we didn't attend UGA at the same time. How 'bout them Dogs? No, seriously...what happened to our dogs?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Lloyd, I'm not sure we would have turned into the responsible adults we are had we been at UGA at the same time. Can't win 'em all. That's why I'm so glad I found riding again. Football is great and I love it, but a little turn of the throttle sure does cure a lot!

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Royce, you are too funny. What a shame we didn't attend UGA at the same time. How 'bout them Dogs? No, seriously...what happened to our dogs?
Ya, what did happen to them dogs, or volunteers, or tigers or anything else that could stop that Nick Sabin Crimson Virus?

1 - 20 of 343 Posts