1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Not in Florida it isn't. In Florida you need a Hyabusa and some designer flip flops.

Reactions: hulk252 and marthy

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sad but true. :(

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
if i didnt get a new car - i would have considered it - though i'd love a cafe project bike.

Wanted a fun bike for the summer and a fun car for the winter...i'm content for now :)

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
That's why I have my 09's ugly little brother, the DR650SE. But I wanted something that wasn't just another pavement runner that I could take on gravel or down some fire roads.

The FZ-09 for the pavement runs and the DR650SE for everywhere else, pavement, crappy old paved roads, gravel roads, fire roads, etc.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Would be a nice ride for thr wife but she did like the FZ07 a lot last time I had one for a week. When time comes I'm aimjng more at either an Adventure (New Versys or Strom1K) bike or full on S-T. (FJR)

·
Vendor
22 R7 | 21 T7
3,302 Posts
Different tools for different jobs.

WR250R for dirt/trails/fire roads
Tiger 1050 was recently replaced with a VFR for basic commuting/touring/beating
FZ-09 for hooligan antics and track usage

I could use a dedicated track bike again, but the problem I have is even doing 10+ days on a good year still leaves the bike mostly unused for the rest of the year. I like to enjoy it on the road every now and again. This could be a nice track only bike once set up, though...

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Different tools for different jobs.

WR250R for dirt/trails/fire roads
Tiger 1050 was recently replaced with a VFR for basic commuting/touring/beating
FZ-09 for hooligan antics and track usage

I could use a dedicated track bike again, but the problem I have is even doing 10+ days on a good year still leaves the bike mostly unused for the rest of the year. I like to enjoy it on the road every now and again. This could be a nice track only bike once set up, though...
I'll cut a deal with you. You buy the rc390 and I'll come and ride it for you in between track days so it doesn't get lonely. I'll even throw gas in her :)

·
Registered
957 Posts
Dude, living in South Florida a bike like that makes no sense really. Your roads are nothing but straight. These bikes sacrifice everything for handling. They sacrifice power, comfort, and any semblance of practicality. You're giving up a lot and gaining nothing for it. Bear in mind the fact that you're dealing with Palm Beach County roads before you consider what bike to add to the stable.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I think this year will be a good one to hit the bike shows. As it seems everyone is coming out with new models of bikes.

With the exception of the Honda booth, I won't bother stopping, still hate the whole "Honda Power Centre" mistake they made.

Plus the "Future Models" page is kind of blank????? lol

Text Font Web page Line Website

Reactions: cza888

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I've been waiting for updates on KTM's Canadian market... while I wait, the smaller dual sports are looking like a lot of fun... plus I could use them in the winter with some good tires.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've been waiting for updates on KTM's Canadian market... while I wait, the smaller dual sports are looking like a lot of fun... plus I could use them in the winter with some good tires.
Spoke with GP Bikes today, sales said they won't have info (pricing) till January and they won't have bikes till Feb/Mar. Though they've already taken 3 deposits to date.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Not sure why they are waiting on pricing... maybe there's some sort of tariff deal renewal at the first of the year.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Not sure why they are waiting on pricing... maybe there's some sort of tariff deal renewal at the first of the year.
" KTM announced today that the RC 390 and 390 Duke will be coming to America, with an MSRP of $5,499 and $4,999, respectively. "

1 - 20 of 23 Posts