Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on a German forum that there is a ECU re-MAP available at the dealers in Germany.
It's a official Yamaha MAP, to get rid of all the nasty ECU problems.

If it's true, lets hope it will be available world wide soon.

Cheers
Marcel

·
Registered
66 Posts
I read on a German forum that there is a ECU re-MAP available at the dealers in Germany.
It's a official Yamaha MAP, to get rid of all the nasty ECU problems.

If it's true, lets hope it will be available world wide soon.

Cheers
Marcel
This would make me so happy!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do we get a recall, or do we have to initiate our selfs?

Probably the last one, same as the cct.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I had my dealer attend to the CCT noise at first service. Made it more noticeable! Fools. But it doesn't really bother me much.
It will bother you more if your timing chain skips a tooth and destroys your engine because the CCT is not keeping it properly tensioned. Bring it back to the dealer and let them know it is still making noise and they need to order a new CCT for you.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
If this is true, I will pull my own ECU, no way I'm letting them disassemble my bike... Especially my purty orange tank.

I would also like to see how it compares to the aftermarket options. Because, after all, factory remaps almost always fall well short of a proper tune/remap from the aftermarket.

·
Registered
612 Posts
So does the ECU have to be removed from the bike to flash it? I figured it would be like my car, where you just plug in a cable and have it flashed.

·
Registered
224 Posts
This would be great news if yamaha is going to reflash the ecu!!! I would call my dealer but i am sure that they would have no idea,as usual!
I will def remove my ecu myself and bring to the dealer if this really happens,hope it does.......

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
This would be great news if yamaha is going to reflash the ecu!!! I would call my dealer but i am sure that they would have no idea,as usual!
I will def remove my ecu myself and bring to the dealer if this really happens,hope it does.......
Any flash you get from Yamaha will need to be EPA compliant....so dont expect anything that will compete power wise with the aftermarket maps that are available

Reactions: Yoyodyne
1 - 14 of 14 Posts