Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
three interesting posts found below the KTM article ^^

Text Font Line Screenshot Document

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
The only problem with some of the KTM's is maintenance. Some of the models have crazy maintenance schedules or simple things like an oil change is a nightmare. It will be interesting to see how well they sell and how good they really are. It's hard to beat the reliability of the Japanese bikes.

I always check the owners manual and see what kind of maintenance you'd be looking at.

http://www.ktm.com/uploads/tx_ktmproduct/techdocs/15_3213249_en_OM_9d6d3c.pdf

- check the valve clearance, change the spark plugs - Every 15,000 km (9,300 mi)

I do think the Japanese Manufacturers need to fill the 400cc - 500cc - 600cc range with more bikes. Even the dirt bikes make to big of a jump from 250cc to 450cc. Making a 250cc not quite enough bike and a 450cc to much. A nice +/-350cc bike would be perfect in a lot of cases. This is one area where KTM has a good selection of bikes with all the 300cc and 350cc models they have. Now if they could just get their prices so they aren't so fricken expensive....

Reactions: cza888

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
that bike looks pretty sweet. I like the look of it...and the 690 Duke.

·
Super Moderator
4,452 Posts
I don't have any feelings about the road-going version, but I am stoked about the RC race series coming to America. It would be exciting to see a field of 40 teenagers late on the brakes coming into T10-a @ Road Atlanta. Please get that series in place for the start of the 2015 season.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
The biggest part that sucks with KTM around here, is the dealers only bring in a limited number of bikes and not even half the models that are available. It will be interesting to see if they even bring in any of the new 390 Duke's or the RC390's.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Had the chance to sit on the 390 and its 690 + 690R big bros...

the 390's seat is teh sux , flat and hard as hell !! the 690's is like nesting your bum on an angels bossoms , the contrast is startling... (the 690 R's is also not as comfy as the regular 690's)

I highly recommend any potential buyers of the 390 to try the seat before making any further decisions as this is a NAKED STREET bike . It is SUPPOSED TO BE COMFY but IT IS NOT!

If comfort be damed, i rather pony up a little more for the RC390, at least it has better looks and wind protection.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Had the chance to sit on the 390 and its 690 + 690R big bros...

the 390's seat is teh sux , flat and hard as hell !! the 690's is like nesting your bum on an angels bossoms , the contrast is startling... (the 690 R's is also not as comfy as the regular 690's)

I highly recommend any potential buyers of the 390 to try the seat before making any further decisions as this is a NAKED STREET bike . It is SUPPOSED TO BE COMFY but IT IS NOT!

If comfort be damed, i rather pony up a little more for the RC390, at least it has better looks and wind protection.
That's good to know. I loved how the 690 felt when I sat on it, and assumed the 390 would be similar... The 690 actually struck me as one of the comfiest stock seats I've ever been on.

·
Registered
176 Posts
That's good to know. I loved how the 690 felt when I sat on it, and assumed the 390 would be similar... The 690 actually struck me as one of the comfiest stock seats I've ever been on.
well if I were to give marks on seat ergo/comfort alone :

690 : 99 points

690R : 80 points

390: 45 points (it misses a pass by quite a fair margin)

even the 2014 ZX-10R / 2013 S1000rr 's seats seat better and they are near pure racebikes. the NC700X seats better too...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts