Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 FZ09. I was wondering if I can swap out the 2015 headlight assembly to the 2017 headlight assembly?
If so, where to to purchase and how easy is it the installation?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a 2015 FZ09. I was wondering if I can swap out the 2015 headlight assembly to the 2017 headlight assembly?
If so, where to to purchase and how easy is it the installation?
it can be done. the wiring is different. @DutchRider did it to his 2015. it's really expensive unless you can find it used.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'd wait and see what the 2018 headlight is like before committing to the notoriously bad 2017 headlight (the beam pattern makes it super sketchy in corners)

If you look closely at the pics of the mt09SP the headlight is different again next year (2 LEDs not 4) so obviously Yamaha have identified there was an issue with this years and hopefully next years will be much better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd wait and see what the 2018 headlight is like before committing to the notoriously bad 2017 headlight (the beam pattern makes it super sketchy in corners)

If you look closely at the pics of the mt09SP the headlight is different again next year (2 LEDs not 4) so obviously Yamaha have identified there was an issue with this years and hopefully next years will be much better.
You re wrong.. there is still 4 leds.. :) look the pic.. :) its from official web site in uk.. :) 2018-Yamaha-MT09SP-EU-Silver-Blu-Carbon-Studio-001.jpg

·
Registered
4,441 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
It can be done

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Coming from several previous sportbikes with halogens over the years I personally don't think the 17 headlight is bad at all at night. The daytime visibility over halogen is a plus too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
10 Participants
Low-T
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
We’re the largest Yamaha forum for owners and enthusiasts of the FZ-09 and MT-09. The site has thousands of topics covering performance and reliability, photos, videos and more!
Full Forum Listing