Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 FZ09

Everything was perfect when I rode it last. Wasn't driven for 3-4 days (rainy).

When I turn the key on, my display works fine - but after a few seconds (3-10 sec): it goes blank (no speedometer, gear indicator. gas gauge, etc.) but the neutral, flasher and high beam indicators along the edge work fine.

It acts like it's a loose connection: but it happens even when there is no movement of the bike. Some sites mentioned humidity in the connectors - but it still seems strange it would work 100% of the time when it's first keyed on... and then stop based only on time (I don't have to start the engine to make it go blank: it goes blank after a few seconds).

The display stays off if I ride the bike.

The main dash connection doesn't feel loose and the battery is completely charged.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
disconnect the speedo and check for any signs of corrosion, add some dielectric grease to the wire harness connector and reconnect. unlock the steering and straighten the bars...turn the key on and see if the speedo comes back to life. if/when it does, turn the steering from side to side and see if it stays on or goes back out...could be something in the wire harness or battery may be faulty just having enough juice to power up and even start the bike...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts