Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone gotten info on the 2015 09? Dealer I have been in contact with just sold out of his inventory and said the new specs and colors for 2015 will be released in the next two weeks. Wondering if anything has leaked before I go commit to a 2014.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Nothing is written in stone here, but usually, the manufacturers do not change much from year to year until it's time for an "upgrade". Even the sportbike segment, which is the most popular selling bikes in the U.S.A. don't do much from one year to the next. At one time, you could plan on sportbikes getting a makeover every two years to stay competitive, but since the economy has slowed down, it seems more like a four year cycle or so for the makeovers in that lineup. I would say look for maybe some new colors offered, possibly a tweak of the throttle mapping, and something else very minor. It costs way too much to do a major makeover in that short of a time period.

Reactions: fz9-tx-guy

·
Registered
663 Posts
Vern is right on. I wouldn't expect much beyond new color options. However, a new seat would be an easy tweak.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Yamaha is already delighted to sell you a new seat for your 09. ;) But I don't like to reward bad behavior, if I need to do something about the seat my $ won't go to Yamaha.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yamaha is already delighted to sell you a new seat for your 09. ;) But I don't like to reward bad behavior, if I need to do something about the seat my $ won't go to Yamaha.
Is the yamaha comfort seat a big upgrade over the stock seat??

·
Registered
74 Posts
the big question is how much $$$ are they going to jack up the msrp on the 2015 fz09.....

Now....all they need to do is come up with a 2015 fz09R for only couple $$$ more.....just like the triumph street triple R....
and also come out with a fz09 touring version.....maybe baby like a baby FJR under 450lbs....???

·
Registered
349 Posts
I willing to bet the FZ-09 are going to go up in price for 2015.

Reactions: triplethreat

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
I absolutely agree Bob. They stick a 2 x 4 hard seat on the bike with very little thought and then offer up a "comfort seat".....No Thanks, I'll spend that money somewhere else.....and it's going to be soon, like maybe next week. We've got a local guy that re-did the seat on the DorsoDuro that I use to have and did a great job. High quality foam, reshaped it, and put a new cover over the final product......all for under $200 in 2012.

Reactions: marthy and v2Bob

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
I certainly wouldn't bet against you on that one! I hope not, but I don't see how they sold it for what they did this year.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I would think so as well. But I would be surprised if its more than 4 or 5 hundred unless they upgrade something. Like the suspension.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I bet $1500 for ABS
And a passel of accessories for the rest of us.
I heard ABS is going to be the law in the US. Does anybody know if that is right? Sorry for my laziness, I could google it, but I am just conversing, lol!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I heard ABS is going to be the law in the US. Does anybody know if that is right? Sorry for my laziness, I could google it, but I am just conversing, lol!
Not anytime soon but is already the law in Europe.

As for differences between a 2014 FZ09 and a 2015 FZ09, the only thing I would expect is adding colors to the US market that they sold elsewhere and of course adding ABS as an option.

I expect the price for the base model might go up but maybe not. Yamaha is trying really hard to have that price point of less than 8k.

The ABS bikes will certainly be $12-1500 more.

All that is just my opinion because all of the above require no engineering expense on the part of Yamaha and very little expense on logistics (parts stocking) while being able to offer more options to customers.

Like Vern said, I doubt there will be any significant change in the FZ09 for a few years.

Reactions: nburkhouse

·
Registered
380 Posts
I think I might like ABS, never rode a bike with it. But have had Tundra, Camry and Rav4 with it. Currently driving Rav4 w/AWD, ABS, TC, etc, lol

Reactions: Horsman

·
Registered
385 Posts
If they follow the dual-sport upgrade calendar (Like my KLR 650 or XR650L), then the next update should be about 2039. PS for seats I am waiting on Sargent. Always super comfy and look great. Any news on their offering?

·
Registered
380 Posts
If they follow the dual-sport upgrade calendar (Like my KLR 650 or XR650L), then the next update should be about 2039. PS for seats I am waiting on Sargent. Always super comfy and look great. Any news on their offering?
That is funny! I had a 1994 XR650L, they have a 2014 650L, they are the same!
but I had a 1980 XL250 and the CRF250L is a whole lot better! hahaha

1 - 20 of 45 Posts