Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for one of these bikes in the new FZ lineup. I am in the US and I know that we do not have the FZ-07 in the states but I am not necessarily in a hurry to make this purchase which is why I have listed the 2015 FZ-09 which is not out yet. My question is, should I pull the trigger on an FZ-09 right now? Or wait for the new model in the fall? Or hold out for the FZ-07 and hope they bring it this fall. Ideally, I think I like the 07 the best but everyday I am less and less optimistic it will be coming to the states this year. I live in Florida so I am not worried about missing the summer riding season. The question between the two FZ-09's is if you guys have heard rumors about a big difference in the upcoming 2015 model that could be worth the wait. I'm leaning towards buying the 2014 FZ-09 because I can get it soon, and who wants to wait? I would just appreciate everybody's two cents. Thanks!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Here, Here!
I second what Fizzer said. I haven't picked my FZ up from the dealer yet and I have already ordered over $3000 worth of upgrades!

quicksilver

·
Registered
347 Posts
Watching the yen/dollar ratio means you'll only pay more for a 2015. I can only realistically see them adding ABS as an option next year. Buy now.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm kind of with your train of thought ramblinman, at first I wanted an -09 immediately but couldn't find one any where. I then cooled off a bit and turned down 2 graphites from different dealers (end of March) as I really didn't need one as I have other bikes and have a few CBX's to find homes for. Now I'd like to see the 2015 -09 and also wouldn't mind a ride on an -07 as I like vertical twins, so I've decided to wait, maybe by the time I get hot for one again they'll have some BNG's (or come out with FJ-09 or some such) and maybe decide to import the -07, I can wait...Mark

·
Registered
663 Posts
I am giving them until June, since Yamaha (and my dealer) promised some announcements. I too want the 07, as it is more practical for me in terms of mileage, insurance, and needed power.

Ultimately, I may end up with the 09. I once bought the "first Model year" of a car, and swore I would never do it again. They figured out all the shit that was wrong, and fixed it in following years.

I too have other options and can always ride my old Honda. (Ugh) I am less than impressed with Yamaha's marketing in the states, but there isn't much I can do about that. I have only sat on the 09. Since I'm picking up a bike for a 90 mile commute to my vacation house, that seat would have to go.

I guess it comes down to how soon you need a new bike, and how much of a gambler you are. (on the FZ-07) I'll give them about 45-60 more days, and then make a pick.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I predict this bike will go up by $1000 at least for 2015 model FZ09. If you get ABS and a better supsension maybe. i could not wait personally.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I predict this bike will go up by $1000 at least for 2015 model FZ09. If you get ABS and a better supsension maybe. i could not wait personally.
That Yu would major error. Yeah, then it would only be $1k less then triumph street triple R and still need suspension work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts