Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my local Yamaha dealer today talking to the salesman about a 2014 FZ-09. I asked him if he had any information on the same 2015 model? He said he literally just received an email from Yamaha minutes before I walked in. He opened the email and the attachment in front of me and this is what I was able to see.

They're going to offer two new colors. Yellow and a flat gray. In the photo the flat gray looks a lot like a liquid graphite but with black wheels. Looks like they will still be offering the same three colors as last year.

MSRP will be $8,150.00. The email also stated they will start taking orders October 16 with delivery starting in November.

I think I'll wait for the 2015.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Originally Posted by PIZER

In the US its just two new colors Cadmium yellow and matte gray. No other changes.
Well that and what seems to be a $500 bump in msrp/

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Yamaha has used that yellow before... I'll have to wait and see it in person before passing judgment. I hope they run black stripes down the tank...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Red is still the best LOL. I want to see this grey one however..

·
Registered
612 Posts
Yamaha has used that yellow before... I'll have to wait and see it in person before passing judgment. I hope they run black stripes down the tank...
Yes! Much like the YZ's from the late 70's that would look amazing!!

image.jpg

·
Registered
290 Posts
Happy I waited near the end of riding season here to purchase my FZ-09 and saved a bunch of money. The yellow and matted gray will be nice additions, but was really waiting to see if new suspension components were going to be offered. Seeing everything else going to stay pretty much the same I'm happy; at least for one more year until the 2016 changes come out :).

·
Registered
555 Posts
The matt grey is very nice, toss between that and the blurple rims. The finish looked quite easy to scratch, which was really the only reason I didn't grab one. But they do look mighty fine, much nicer than the others.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts