Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

Anyway, my name is John and I recently sold my fz-07 for a fz-09. I am new to the forum.

I installed a M4 slip on exhaust with a dyno jet power commander. Bike is running great! No popping or back firing. I've been doing research on graves block off plates. Sounds like most guys are going that route.

Question: do I need to install the block off plates? Do I even need a power commander? Both?
I don't want to run the bike LEAN.

Thanks guys!

John

·
Registered
673 Posts
Personally, I'd go with block off plates, then pay to have it tuned. Or get the ECU flashed through VCYCLENUT, tell him which exhaust you have and ask him to disable the AIS valve.

If you want to get the most out of your setup, install the block off plates and pay a couple $$ to get it tuned professionally. You can run the slip-on without being too lean.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the advice.

So graves block off plates and get the bike professionally tuned. I can take the power commander off? The professional will use their own tuner, right?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Thank you for the advice.

So graves block off plates and get the bike professionally tuned. I can take the power commander off? The professional will use their own tuner, right?
I believe you'll need a fuel controller for them to tune it. Some tuners may have the capability to flash ECU.

Since you already have a fuel controller, and if you're semi-tech-savvy, pay someone to tune it on a dyno then send the map to Vcyclenut with your ECU and he can flash that tuned map to your ECU. Then, resale the fuel controller, recouping half the money you paid for the tune :D

Reactions: Steve101
1 - 4 of 4 Posts