Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
A week ago my dealer said no changes for '15. However, he was selling me a '14 FZ09 at the time.

Reactions: freudflintstone

·
Registered
611 Posts
Price will be going up. Dealer last week said $1k, dealer today said $500 so not sure.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
My dealer said they were sending one to Mars for the 2020 rover payload... ;) j/k (I've learned dealers are the last to know)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Shocker.....a sales guy said the prices were going up......"hurry now, before they're all gone". I'm still waiting for the 2015, and if there is another color choice and or a possible adjustment to the throttle response then I have no issue with price going up. I just keep waiting and waiting for news on this 2015, but details are scarce. Even if they change nothing at least I will know I was patient enough to wait it out for confirmation.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I've been a Yamaha guy since 1992 ( on the street at least ) but they keep pissing me off. First, the R6 and R1. Leave the same model for what seems like a decade without a fully new model. Then they have models in some parts of the world that would be great to have everywhere ( Tenere 660, YZF R250 and others ). WR250R / X and no 450 version ?, WTF. The one that probably bothers me the most, the FZ / MT-09. There needs to be an R model of this bike ! The FZ / MT is the perfect bike to have an upscale version for more experienced riders. I understand they are a business and making a budget bike that sells as well as the FZ / MT is great for them but why wouldn't they want to make what customers want ???

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I too am a die hard tuning fork guy and former R6 owner, and I feel your frustration with the R6 getting what amounts to cosmetic upgrades for the past 6 model years-this used to be the top performing middleweight sportbike once upon a time.

Then the bottom basically fell out of the middleweight and supersport market when the economy tanked, new buyers weren't coming into showrooms and owners were keeping the bikes they had longer, which is what makes bikes like the FZ twins so crucial to the brand-people are rediscovering an interest in motorcycles and a lot of first time owners are buying in as well.
I'm sure a lot of the dollars(Yen) that Yamaha could have put into the R6 and R1 went into the R&D and tooling costs for bikes like our 09-greatly benefiting us. I could maybe see a few new color options for 2015, but don't see them doing the special versions just yet. Let's face it-they currently sell every 09 they build(probably the 07 soon as well) with demand far outstripping supply. The MT has an ABS version, so maybe we'll see that added as an option for those who like that kind of thing. I'm sure their marketing department and bean counters realize that they could easily ask another grand or so with a few minor options like ABS.

The R6/R1 used to be on a two year update cycle until 2008 so maybe we'll see something along the lines of an R version for 2016, idk. Even without any new options other than colors, it wouldn't surprise me too much if the price increased for 2015. We got a hell of deal for 8 grand, and I'm sure there's little profit margin for these bikes. I think this was Yamaha testing the waters with a completely new model at a unbelievably low price point to gauge what sort of demand and interest there would be. Seeing as how they pretty much hit it out of the park on their first attempt, I'd say the demand is there. If there's a upgraded version available in two years, I'll for sure be trading up...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
One of the things I mentioned in a Yamaha owner survey was my desire for an upgraded R or Black version. Is Yamaha listening? Time will tell...

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I've heard they are only raising the price of the Rapid Red. This should not come as a surprise ;)

Reactions: chohan and MoFZio

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Hopefully they fix the oil pan clearance issue.
There is no clearance issue to fix.....don't ride it like a dirt bike, and you will never have a problem. :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
There is no clearance issue to fix.....don't ride it like a dirt bike, and you will never have a problem. :)
+1

Don't ride off of curbs... ;)

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm going to be "that" guy - I dont see any price changes for 2015. Maybe different color options, but I'm willing to bet you can get a 2015 for the same price.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I agree. Yamaha would be stupid to miss the fact that this bike is competitive, even with it's shortcomings, due to the price. Every single review says that. Changing the price changes the equation.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Reactions: MoFZio
1 - 20 of 65 Posts