Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOT

Peggy and I just rolled in around 1:30PM this afternoon from the FZ09/FZ07 Rally. What a deal! This Rally had a bit of everything.......Great Roads, Great Weather, Great Friends, Great accommodations (Alberts Lodge), and thanks to Bowinkle, a lot of really Great Food.

I know that there were several member that ended up not attending the Rally for whatever reason, but I'm here to tell you that you missed out on a perfect weekend of riding and friendship. Both of the rides that Peggy and I participated in had ZERO rain.........ZERO RAIN! We met a lot of new folks and even made friends with the owners of Albert's Lodge.......two great folks there.... Van and his wife Debbie. All in all, I can't imagine how it could have been better other than for it to last a little longer. Nice meeting everyone and please post up when you get home.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Thankful that all went so well and everyone was safe.
Enjoy the memories!

Reactions: Bowinkle

·
Registered
43 Posts
What a great rally, thanks everyone. Just got in a little while ago. I took the Blue Ridge Parkway some of the way back so of course I did not make very good time. It was very foggy to. I almost made it through the rally without a ticket. Alas, TN state trouper got me for 49mph on the dragoon. He was in the same spot they often are in, but 3 motards had just blew past me and I was thinking that if a trouper was there he would be writing them a ticket, but they where smart and knew to slow down there, lol ! But there was another TN state trouper further along, at least I did not get a ticket from him, LOL !

What a great time ! Thanks everyone ! ;)

·
Registered
241 Posts
I had a great time at the Rally - truly a great experience and I'm looking forward to the next one. A big shout out to Ridetofish for organizing it and to Bowinkle for cooking.

Albert's motel exceeded my expectations, and I hope we'll plan to stay there again in the future. Van and Debbie were exceptional hosts.

The weather was perfect and both my riding groups did a great job.

·
Super Moderator
4,349 Posts
I'm sated and tired at the moment...and yet I've managed to summon enough energy to stretch out in the man-chair to watch the IOM TT Superbike race recap on Velocity.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I haven't downloaded all the footage yet, but what I did already download was pretty shaky - the RAM mount just seemed to wiggle too much. I'll try to get some posted in the next week or so.

·
Premium Member
2,807 Posts
I was going to write a big story about all the people and stuff at the rally but then realized the folks that were actually at the rally know all about the roads, the weather, the people and the vibe.
All I can say is thank you to RTF for making it happen. Thanks Rexster and SliderR1 for playing hard on the road with me and SliderR1s extensive knowledge of the area. Oh yeah, he's got the baddest 09 I've seen so far. Thanks to Bowinkle for making the world a better place.
When a few folks can ride some of the best roads on the planet all day, peel off the riding gear, hit a great little funky bar /restaurant, have a few drinks then laugh and laugh just knowing you can do it again the next day----------------there was even Blueberry Cobbler and cigars!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts