Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 433 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The masses have spoken and the gathering is scheduled at Albert's Adventure Inn near Burnsville, NC for the weekend of June 6th. Many folks will be coming in on Thursday.

Albert's is indeed remote and a bit funky, but clean and the owners are great folks that go all out to make you welcome without being in your face. They can handle around thirty folks. At this time, there is no cell service, but the management is more than happy to make their portable phone available for long distance calls without charge. And of course they can take messages if the family back home just has to get in touch. Honestly, for me, this wasn't nearly the inconvenience some would think. There are coffee makers, mini-fridges and two burner stoves in the rooms. There is a great restaurant/bar for evening meals right next door. Meals at the restaurant may be a bit on the pricey side. Somewhere in the range of $20+ for a meal with a glass of wine. There may very well be items on the menu less than $14, I just don't recall. There is a pretty good mom and pop restaurant for breakfast just a short 30 minute ride away. There is also a hippie co-op just a couple of miles down the road for pastries, tea and coffee. Other than the motel and the restaurant next door there will be no suburban clutter to intrude on our revelry. Just us, the night sky and the Black Mountains on the horizon.

We might see about a simple cookout, or some such alternative to a sit down meal at the restaurant if most folks want that. Bowinkle has offered to stop on the way over and do a bit of grocery shopping for us. We don't want to abuse Bowinkle with a long list of personal items to shop for, so we won't be asking for him to pick up Tampons, hair gel, or Kosher pickles.

To make your reservations, call: 828-675-4691 and mention Lloyd's FZ Rally. You will not be able to use Albert's online reservation system, as we have all rooms held in a block booking.

Burnsville, NC
Albert's Adventure Inn - Albert's Motel Burnsville, North Carolina minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway and Mt. Mitchell Golf Course
http://www.alpine-village-resort.com/result.php?mode=search&table=rental

We will have available to download the week before the rally, GPS files of some really great routes, courtesy of SliderR1.

There is an event T-shirt and we'll see how we might place that order in order to get the best quantity discount.

I'm also pleased to announce that we will be having a prize drawing Saturday night with products graciously donated by: Vcyclenut, Seat Concepts, Tripage, OES, Stoltec Moto and Yamaha USA.

That is all.
~lloyd

Important Announcement.....Info Needed

As the 2015 East Coast FZ Rally is drawing nearer, we are in the process of continuing to organize this even and gather information. One of the main concerns/goals in the preparation for this event is to gather some I.C.E. (In Case of Emergency) information from everyone that will be participating in the Rally. So, I would like to gather and make a list of the needed information for each rider/participant (even if you are coming, but not riding) Please PM this info to me and I will compile the list, which will be kept private and only shared between the necessary folks in order to facilitate a contact with your designated I.C.E contact person.

• Name: First, middle initial, and Last
• Forum Name:
• Address
• City
• State
• Date of Birth
• Height and Weight
• Your personal cell number including area code
• Your I.C.E. contact person’s telephone number including area code
• An alternate I.C.E. contact person’s telephone number including area code….in case the first person to be called is not available. This could also be a work number for your I.C.E. contact or a completely different person.
• Any Medical Insurance information that you are willing to share.
• Any possible “special circumstance” information that might be medically related….diabetic, heart issues, high/low blood pressure, allergies to certain medicines, etc

Thank you, and please make sure to include all of the requested information, as it will make it easier to be able to contact your designee if it become necessary.

Vern ……and Lloyd

·
Super Moderator
5,631 Posts
I might be for this, providing it's not the same weekend of my track day work schedule, which I won't know until around New Years.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I could go play with you. Always in for some riding. Its a long shot... May mean Italy trip for me usually and last year I went to France in April. Not sure if I will be doing the same again next year?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Let's do it! I am in ATL, but a ride up to the dragon would be a great southeast meeting point. maybe we could all take over one lodge for the weekend and ride the great non-dragon roads like 28.

·
Registered
290 Posts
My vote is for Burnsville, NC

WoooHooo! My choice wins. Now I just need to get me a reservation.

Reservation made. See everyone there. Will be riding my FJ-09, but my sold FZ-09 will be joining me.

·
Registered
298 Posts
North GA local checking in, I can make most dates work and I'd definitely love to ride with you guys.

·
Super Moderator
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Indeed there are FZ1 rallies. There was a Fall Rally in Arkansas this past October.

Tex, do you want to investigate what it would take to join up with the other FZ1's, 6's, 7's, 8's?
Or maybe putting together a second FZ9/7 rally in early Fall in the Ozarks for the folks in Texas, the Midwest and the Ohio River Valley?

~fish

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Would consider Burnsville, NC in May '15.
Will have a better idea come the new year.
Very interested in riding the Blue Ridge.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
My thoughts are the FZ09 and the FZ07 Rally should be held together...since we are on the same forum. I'm in on the East Coast wherever it's held.

TWO or the Gap...or along the Blue Ridge Parkway would be great. Georgia and Tennesee have great roads to ride on. The Parkway is pretty tame and heavily patrolled. Marysville Tennessee is a big town with plenty to do...and is close enough to Maggie Valley....Gap...etc.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I'd suggest a New Years Day Rally on Miami Beach (75-80F) but that's probably not doable for most of you guys who live up North.:(

Nothing like riding along the Ocean with clear sky's and temp's in the mid to high 70's.:)

Let me know if any of you can ride down here for New Years Day.....That's assuming your FZ isn't in dry storage.:cool:

·
Super Moderator
5,631 Posts
Steve, the only thing in "dry storage" is your sense of humor! It's not nice to rub it in for us folks that are "suffering" through a cold and dreary winter! :)

1 - 20 of 433 Posts