Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hmmmmmm....I wonder if the radiator covers will protect the radiator in the event of a crash? Hmmmmm.......I wonder if they'll fit the 09? Hmmmm......

·
Registered
663 Posts
I wished the camera guy would have asked the chick to get off the bike. She was blocking part of my view.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Great find dascrow. That is a very good looking bike. That Deep Armor color is pretty sharp. Love those radiator cowlings, would be nice if they would fit the 09. Hope this MT is also offered as a FZ.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
For a second there I couldn't tell if the camera guy was going for a close up of the bike, or an "upskirt" shot? I was just hoping for a cockpit view. He did a fair job of working around the model so you could see the instrument gauge.
Good vid, hopefully more pops up (videos that is).

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'm liking it, the only elements I don't care for are the fake aluminum side plates on the frame, they look like just plastic trim pieces.

·
Registered
570 Posts
huhh!

Those don't look fake. They are very thick with major bolts going into them. Appears to have the swingarm attached to it as well.
My mistake, the old eyes ain't what they used to be! I watched the video again and saw they are indeed thick aluminum. But aesthetically they still look out of place to me.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
My mistake, the old eyes ain't what they used to be! I watched the video again and saw they are indeed thick aluminum. But aesthetically they still look out of place to me.
Gives it some subdued bling, looks sharp. If the U.S. get them they may be blackened like on the 09 frame.

·
Registered
85 Posts
For a second there I couldn't tell if the camera guy was going for a close up of the bike, or an "upskirt" shot? I was just hoping for a cockpit view. He did a fair job of working around the model so you could see the instrument gauge.
I agree, I thought we were gonna see her cockpit, squish mitten, or whatever you wanna call it. On another note, I like the bike, very similar to the 09, or close enough with a nicer dash.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Interesting design cue's.. I like the radiator covers and wave style rotors. That's about it.

Does any FZ-09 owner use a Roof helmet like the ones they use for all the advertisements?

Been thinking about getting one, they look pretty trick.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Those don't look fake. They are very thick with major bolts going into them. Appears to have the swingarm attached to it as well.
i think he's right, those are cosmetic covers. the specs say that the bike has a tubular steel frame, it doesn't mention anything about aluminum plates around the swingarm pivot (budget bike, remember). the second generation kawasaki z1000 did exactly the same thing - using faux aluminum plastic bits to cover up the ugly steel tube frame.

look closely at this snapshot of the video, at the very top of the 'aluminum' plate. you can see part of the steel downtube behind it going down towards the swingarm pivot. the bolts are real, they hold the fake frame covers to the actual frame.

it's even more obvious in this shot:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
i think he's right, those are cosmetic covers. the specs say that the bike has a tubular steel frame, it doesn't mention anything about aluminum plates around the swingarm pivot (budget bike, remember). the second generation kawasaki z1000 did exactly the same thing - using faux aluminum plastic bits to cover up the ugly steel tube frame.
Hmm you/y'all could be right. But on a budget bike it would be cheaper to just omit anything unnecessary. (Z1000 was never a budget bike)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Hmm you/y'all could be right. But on a budget bike it would be cheaper to just omit anything unnecessary.
a budget bike in that price range still needs a bit of style, especially when it's competing in a crowded market. if you take a look at the 07's competition, they all have steel tube frames and they all hide the swingarm pivot area (if not the entire frame) under plastic, because if they didn't it would look awful.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts