Discussion Starter #1
Complete 2014 Yamaha FZ-09 Technical Specifications:

ENGINE

• ENGINE Liquid-cooled, DOHC, 12-valve, inline-three cylinder
  • DISPLACEMENT 847cc
  • BORE AND STROKE 78 x 59.1 mm
  • COMPRESSION RATIO 11.5:1
  • MAXIMUM TORQUE 8.9 kg-m (64.3 ft-lbs.) @ 8,500 rpm
  • ENGINE MANAGEMENT YCC-T & D-Mode (3 positions)
  • FUEL DELIVERY Mikuni 41mm throttle body F.I.
  • LUBRICATION Wet sump
  • IGNITION / STARTING TCI / Electric
  • TRANSMISSION 6-speed
  • FINAL DRIVE "O"-ring chain

CHASSIS
  • SUSPENSION (FRONT) Adjustable 41mm inverted fork
  • SUSPENSION (REAR) Adjustable link Monocross
  • BRAKES (FRONT) Dual 310mm discs / radial mount 4-piston calipers
  • BRAKES (REAR) 245mm disc / single piston caliper
  • TIRES (FRONT) 120/70ZR17
  • TIRES (REAR) 180/55ZR17

CRITICAL DATA

• LENGTH 2,075mm (81.7") WIDTH 815mm (32.1") HEIGHT 1,135mm (44.7")
  • WHEELBASE 1,440mm (56.7")
  • RAKE / TRAIL 25° / 103mm
  • SEAT HEIGHT 815mm (32.1")
  • FUEL CAPACITY 14 litres (3.1 imp. gallons)
  • WET WEIGHT 188 kg (414 lb.)
  • COLOUR(S)Vivid Red, Dark Metallic Grey

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
It allegedly has direct fuel injection into the head of the engine...making it efficient and reducing throttle body length...interesting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's not actually direct injection in the engineering sense of the term, but close. At this price point, there would be a giant hoopla over true direct injection. This type still has to make it past the valves to get in the engine, whereas true direct injection has the injector in the combustion chamber itself.

From the Yamaha specs:

Electronic fuel injection has been adopted to provide outstanding drivability. 12-hole injectors attached directly to the cylinder head deliver a highly pressurized spray of atomized fuel with droplets as small as a few microns. This enables high-precision injection directed at the valve skirts that contributes to optimum fuel combustion resulting in outstanding drivability and performance.

·
Registered
699 Posts
And good atomization of fuel provides good, reliable power, and good MPG's. Any news on that front?

·
Registered
47 Posts
it's also not really a crossplane in the sense of the 2/4cyl counterparts. It's the same type of 3 cyl triumph uses with 120 degree firing.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
it's also not really a crossplane in the sense of the 2/4cyl counterparts. It's the same type of 3 cyl triumph uses with 120 degree firing.
240 degree firing. 120 degrees is the crankpin spacing. if it had cylinders firing every 120 degrees, they'd be able to classify it as a 'big bang' engine.

but yeah, yamaha went a little overboard with their 'crossplane' marketing. they themselves made triples back in the 70's - the yamaha xs750 and 850. back in college a buddy of mine had an xs750 - but even though it was even-firing, it had a weird exhaust sound because his was a later model that came with a 3-into-2 exhaust where one cylinder had its own exhaust pipe exiting on the left side of the bike and the other two cylinders merged into one exhaust exiting on the right. so it didn't sound even-firing even though it was. youtube has lots of xs videos.

·
Registered
6 Posts
what's up everyone need help new to the forum.

need some help finding out the throttle body diameter specs and the crank breather tube diameter ( I know I can simply take everything apart and measure it but its still riding season and I want to order parts) . I was looking to eliminate the air box I have a 14 fz09 brazzer fuel tune full exhaust . I just ordered smog plates for the top of the valve covers to delete the air cut off valve .currently have k&n airfilter not doing me any real justice.

thanks all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
trying to delete air box

what's up everyone need help new to the forum.

need some help finding out the throttle body diameter specs and the crank breather tube diameter ( I know I can simply take everything apart and measure it but its still riding season and I want to order parts) . I was looking to eliminate the air box I have a 14 fz09 brazzer fuel tune full exhaust . I just ordered smog plates for the top of the valve covers to delete the air cut off valve .currently have k&n airfilter not doing me any real justice.

thanks all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts