Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Thank you to cjhorton for posting the great review on the bike that so many of us are holding out for!

It's a fun bike. =) I can't wait until the break in stage is over.

I was worried at first after reading some reviews warning people to "hold on" and "wheelies" so I was perhaps a little over cautious yesterday. I kept it in standard mode the whole time (There is A, Standard, and B and FYI--they can be switched on the fly as long as you aren't giving it throttle). At low speeds (like around 20-40) you can feel the bike being a little jerky, but it is pretty minor...like a slight wind is hitting you.

I believe this bike can be ridden safely by anyone. So, if you are a beginner worried if this bike is too much for you...don't be. Just be a little cautious at lower speeds when you go over bumps..and your hand re-positions afterwards on the throttle..it may be a little jerky after.

I am 5'9" with a shorter inseam....closer to 30". I have to stand on the balls of my feet. My wife is 5'7" and she can stand flat footed. It is narrow though and you sit further forward so your thighs will hug it well. Even though I am on the front of my feet, it doesn't seem to tall for me.

The gauges have a lot of information on it, engine temp, ambient temp, odometer, mpg, trip, tach, clock, speed. The RPM, speed, and fuel are easily found at a moments glance. I didn't know how I would like the digital screen at first, but I do like it now. I guess I really don't even look at gauges anyways normally so it probably wouldn't matter if there weren't any.

Going from 1st to 2nd....I did hit it into Neutral once while taking off at a busy intersection. So, make sure u give it a good kick ;P

On the highway, you are going to definitely feel the wind.

I am not huge on the mirrors. I am going to change them out for some that go on the bar ends.
Chime in to his thread with questions and comments.

FZ09 Real World Impressions

·
Registered
663 Posts
It's nice to get an honest assessment rather than a review done by a magazine that relies on advertising dollars. Nice job.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congratulations. How cool is getting a new bike!
I really like my NC700X purchased in June. I wish it had more top gear roll on acceleration. It's a really fun bike. The FZ09 has more power lighter weight, More Better! I better swing back by the local Yamaha dealer, and put a leg over the new FZ, see how she fits.

·
Registered
611 Posts
If I don't have any drama like I did yesterday, I may have a riding video posted tonight :cool:

Reactions: NickJ
1 - 4 of 4 Posts