Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We are big time guys! The bike must really exist! It has made print! If you guys have a subscription to Cycle World, then you may have the new FZ-09 waiting for you in the mailbox, but if you dont, it should either hit news stands now, or very shortly. The article does not show much more than the info that we already have on the boards, but I thought that it was nice to see it in print as well as on the site! They say that the bike will be for sale in September as well, so grab your helmets and riding boots, because it is about to get really real.

We are the OG members of the forum, the early adopters. Now the Yamaha Marketing Push that I was expecting is going to start pumping the forum full of new faces with new questions! I am strapped in for the roller coaster, and so excited to start seeing these things on the road! (and track, nay, spirited ride out to the gap... my eyes are on you triplethreat!)

Oh yeah... I accidentally dropped the magazine in the scanner, and the full article found it's way to the website... Clumsy me...

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Nick....you are so full of it..........

AWESOMENESS!

I am now bowing to the God of the FZ forum. All hail Nick. :cool:

·
Registered
56 Posts
this is awesome. i didnt expect it to get so hyped up. the anticipation is killing me. i'll have several videos once i get my hands on it.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
I will certainly buy a copy. When I get a new bike, I always try to find a magazine article or two that features that particular bike and save it with the paperwork files of the purchase.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
OK, just got my September edition of Sport Rider magazine and there is a short article in there too. Nothing that we haven't already heard about, but at least the major magazines are covering it. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
As I was looking through the article in the new Sport Rider magazine, they have an error in the description of the bike. They list the rear tire as........ 180/60/17. This caught my attention because the new tires that I just received (the Q3's) are of the standard sportbike size..........180/55/17 .....and that is what the Yamaha spec sheet says for the tire size.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Who says your eyes are getting bad in your old age?
Hey, when it comes to motorcycles.........that's some serious business there fella. They can't fool me on the easy ones ya know.......I'm a fixin to be a brain surgeon ya know..........just as soon as my Jack Hammer gets here.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Philz, thank you for posting that. lots of good info in there...including the advertised lan angle.... 51 degrees

·
Registered
36 Posts
I received my copy of Cycle World on Saturday and put down my deposit on Monday. This is the first time that I put down a deposit on a bike that I have not seen or even sat on. At 6'5" sitting on the bike is important for leg room. I'm rolling the dice here.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Dang, you guys are tall! I'm only 5. 71595693 feet tall.........but whose counting anyway? :cool:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts