Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Watched a bit of the second video but lost total interest when he talked about Penske replacement shocks and said he is getting the top tier unit for around $600-700. Base Penske shock is that much and the top of the line triple clicker is over 1K, fact checking and correct information is a big deal if spending this much time making videos that people will use when deciding on a purchase.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Bla bla... nothing I already know. I didn't watch the whole thing, maybe later when I have more time. I do agree about the lack of support under acceleration from the seat. I feel like I'm hanging to the bars too much on WOT and it make the bike a bit "nervous". Hoping my new custom seat will address the issue.

Hope it will be done this week. The hupolstry guy received the wrong material and had to place an other order.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
a few more clarifications in addition to what mknj671 noted about the penske pricing:

- flash-tune has a reflash for the 09, but nick from stoltec has further refined flash-tune's throttle maps. he's been instrumental in working out the 09's various bugs, so personally i'd go with his reflash. giving him our business is a 'thank you' for all the hard work he's put into this bike.

- about the headlight having only one filament on when on low beam or high beam, but both when using flash-to-pass. that's by design. h4 headlights are designed to have only one filament lit at a time under normal use. flash-to-pass illuminates high beam without switching off low beam primarily for faster response. having both filaments lit means double the power draw and much more heat being generated, but since flash-to-pass is momentary, it's not a huge deal.

all in all, a well-balanced review.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good feedback. I apologies on the mistake in regards to the penske shock pricing. I have made a note of that in the video. Thanks for the further clarification and feedback. Im not claiming to be an expert, I am simply explaining my personal feelings on the bike. As I note in the video these are all subjective opinions. Sorry to frustrate some of you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts