Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody ridden a stock 2014 fz09 and a 2015 fz09? Is there any difference whatsoever other than the paint schemes??

What I am mostly curious about is, does the "snatchy" throttle character of the 2014 fz09 transfer over to the 2015, or did Yamaha actually address that issue?

Any helpful input would be appreciated!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Yamaha addressed that issue with an updated ECU throttle map which is available for free to any 2014 owner. All you have to do is bring it into a Yamaha dealership and they will do it at no cost. It's not as good as an aftermarket flash, though.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
First off, welcome to the site. Sounds like you haven't purchased yet. Good luck with your choice.

And due to the color change, the 2015s will definitely be faster ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,870 Posts
My local dealer "updated" the ECU on my 2014 when it first became avaliable. A definate improvement from the original.
(Even though the 2015s have the new map I'm pretty sure that the real mans' bike is the Rapid Red 2014s).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My local dealer "updated" the ECU on my 2014 when it first became avaliable. A definate improvement from the original.
(Even though the 2015s have the new map I'm pretty sure that the real mans' bike is the Rapid Red 2014s).
I do like the red the most...

But yes I have not yet purchased my fz-09. I am pretty dead set on it though. I'm planning on riding my SV650 one more riding season then once October/November rolls around I'll start keeping my eyes peeled for a slightly used one. If nothing pops up by next Spring then I'll probably go ahead and get a new 2016.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
would love to find one with 2 or 3k miles on it for about 6500-7 grand. Depreciation is my friend.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
How far are you willing to drive to get one????

2014 Red FZ-09 with 2734 miles selling for $6400, but it's in Little Rock, AR. :(

2014 Yamaha Fz-09 , Little Rock AR - 113962893 - Cycletrader.com

When you buy a bike from another State, do you have to get it inspected before you can register it in your State?

I ask because in Canada, if you buy any vehicle from a different Province, you have to get an Out of Province Inspection down before you can register it.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I picked mine up with just over 3k for 6400; so they are out there. Just keep your eyes open!

I'm no expert, but looking back through the years of the fz6r (i had a 2010) the changes were colors only. I'd assume the FZ09 will follow suit.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
First off, welcome to the site. Sounds like you haven't purchased yet. Good luck with your choice.

And due to the color change, the 2015s will definitely be faster ;-)
Not a chance.

All the 2015's are 10mph and .5 g's slower.... cuz they eliminated the prettiest and fastest color.

RAPID RED...just as the name implys. RAPID!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
We typically don't have inspections in this country, just tax and title.

Dangle, I see you've looked at ones for sale here. Since time is on your side, keeping checking that. Quite a few of our sellers have done most of the pricey, time consuming mods that you would want or need. The only down side is not knowing if the bike was abused or not. Some of the posts verify that this happens. A bit of postings research by you on the seller might uncover that.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Not a chance.

All the 2015's are 10mph and .5 g's slower.... cuz they eliminated the prettiest and fastest color.

RAPID RED...just as the name implys. RAPID!
Rapid could describe how fast it gets left behind by the other colors?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Rapid could describe how fast it gets left behind by the other colors?
Its all about the twist.

In the jet you: Pull back on the stick and the houses get small. Push forward and the housed get big.

On da bike the more you twist the throttle the the faster things in the mirrors get smaller.

Its all about the twist.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
While the principle of twist is quite true.

The following example is how not to twist it.

VOTD: Ride Like An Idiot... Crash Like An Idiot
He had a camera on his helmet, would be interesting to see that footage.....ouch!

And he almost cleared the fence, for come reason that reminded me of Evel Knievel and one of his many crashes.

He's just lucky he didn't do a head on with that silver SUV.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just want any color without the blurple wheels.

And yeah I don't have to worry about inspection here in TN. I could fly somewhere and ride the bike back....

1 - 20 of 43 Posts