1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
582 Posts
I think unless it comes to the US, it is a waste of time thinking about it. Besides I got my FZ-09 and not going down to a smaller bike. For those going from a 250 this would be a great stepping stone up the displacement ladder but if not offered here, some other brand will have to do. IMHO

Reactions: ktk_ace

·
Registered
340 Posts
The FZ-07 looks good.Outside of the taillight I think Yamaha nailed the FZ-09 too.
I think the 9 beats it as far as quality of aesthetics goes,(tapered bars,brakes,usd forks,frame)IMO.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I agree, the MT-07 is great looking bike. I won't sell the 09 to get one, but the 07 does look better IMO.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have to respectfully disagree sir... I think the 09 blows this out of the water... I was torn between triumph's speed triple and the fz09... The major drawback from speedtriple was the same high tank design the 07 has.. Looks nice but awkward to sit on and reach over... Obviously that is subjective but i'm 6'2 with long reach and i still didnt like it... For 1500 more you can get 09 with a way better engine and honestly... Better look in my opinion... Atleast the graphite and orange ones ;)... Sorry blazing red guys but i'm not a fan ;P

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
To me the overall appearance of the 07 is sportier than the 09. I like the seat set-up better as well. But the looks of the headlight and tank of the 09 is superior. Now this is just comparing looks, I can't give up the 09's triple motor.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Find a way to fit an 07 subframe to the 09. Can't imagine some of our decent welders couldn't figure a way to do that.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I like the 09 styling better. I don't care for the street bike tail section, or maybe I would have purchased a Z1000. I got the FZ for a true naked bike, on par with the Triumph, MV, Ducati and Buell styling. Super happy with my FZ.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I guess this post belonged on this thread instead of the one I put it on.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't blame anyone who prefers any one bike over another. In my world it's all about personal preference. I like the 07 better for a few reasons. I like a centered instrument pod, and a two piece seat. I also like the cladding on the tank.

I know those features aren't for everyone. They just look more like the style I like. Maybe I'm clinging to the FZ1 style too much?

Yamaha will certainly refresh the 09 in a year or so, and maybe some of my preferred styling cues will make it to production? I'm still waiting for a bit to see what the fate of the 07 is. Darn dealer is being tight lipped if he knows anything.

·
Registered
206 Posts
the FZ07 is in Canada now.
Have not seen one in the flesh.
Between how much fun the 9 is, and it's looks, I would not trade in for anything.
FZ07 is built to a budget. And to me looks it in certain areas.

·
Registered
663 Posts
the FZ07 is in Canada now.
Have not seen one in the flesh.
Between how much fun the 9 is, and it's looks, I would not trade in for anything.
FZ07 is built to a budget. And to me looks it in certain areas.
What do you think the 09 was built as? It is the epitome of building to a budget as well.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm scheduled to demo an mt07 late in May; stoked to try it.

As far as looks go, I think they're both cool. I wish the FZ09 came in white though, white rims and a white tank..my fave!

·
Registered
663 Posts
It's true. I'm not complaining.
Me either. Whichever one I end up with, I figure you can't beat the value. Our dealer has a couple 09s but they have long term deposits on them. I wonder at what point they give up? It's easy throwing down $500. When it comes to the other 8 grand, people's fingers get a little stickier with that money.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have to respectfully disagree sir... I think the 09 blows this out of the water... I was torn between triumph's speed triple and the fz09... The major drawback from speedtriple was the same high tank design the 07 has.. Looks nice but awkward to sit on and reach over... Obviously that is subjective but i'm 6'2 with long reach and i still didnt like it... For 1500 more you can get 09 with a way better engine and honestly... Better look in my opinion... Atleast the graphite and orange ones ;)... Sorry blazing red guys but i'm not a fan ;P

Agreed sir! The 07 is fine but there's too much going on, like the two stage stepped seat as an example. There's only two things I like about the 07 over the 09 and that's (1) the display being centered (2) the price.

Reactions: NewOn2

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Let's be honest guys. Neither a FZ-09 or a FZ-07 will ever win any styling awards. They both look like POWER RANGER scientific experiments to me. I'm not looking for eye candy or buying a fashion statement like most buyers do. I'm looking for awesome, smooth, non jerky rideabilty,...... and a smile on my face every time I ride it.

Reactions: Yoyodyne

·
Registered
206 Posts
What do you think the 09 was built as? It is the epitome of building to a budget as well.
They saved money on the suspension and a few other odds and ends. For the price that they are selling it, the fz is not that budget. When's the last time you laid eyes on the. King of budget. Bikes..The sv 650? The 7 looks OK, I think based on bang for buck it will sell well

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts