Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure how to explain this but when riding straight and I look down the bars seem to be turned slightly to the right. It just weirds me out to see that. I think it may be the way I ride because I think I saw the same thing on my 2 harleys I used to ride. Before I start putting money into mods I want to make sure nothing is wrong with the bike. I love riding it!

·
Registered
55 Posts
maybe the location of the speedo makes you think the bars are off?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Welcome here first time poster.
From Gallup n.m. how you do ing? I been drinking so mirrors weird me out about now. How spell Cinque De mayo should be a holiday. If I had my bike I'd be sober chasing women. Why going fz-09?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yep I had thought the same thing, the bars appear to be on a funny angle, yet the string lines and tape suggest otherwise, must be the offset gauges.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Can also be as simple as front forks out of axis or rear wheel out of alignment.

·
Banned
486 Posts
are your tires wearing uneven? does it ride ok? dont worry bout it

mine looks the same way even on the front and rear stands

·
Registered
464 Posts
My fz-09 is the same way, I haven't gotten around to loosening the triple, I've just been living with it. Figured I'll readjust when I get new fork springs

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Or is it just a the messed up optical illusion because of the offset instrument panel, the mirror mounts not being at the same connection point. Clutch side mirror is mounted right above bars, while throttle side mirror is mounted in front of bars. Plus the added amount of stuff on the throttle side, brake cylinder and instrument panel to that side again.

When you look at the manual page 3-3, it even looks lopsided???? lol

Line art Text Diagram Drawing Auto part

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies. Tire wear appears even. Bike seems to ride OK. I think I'm just nuts. I actually looked past the bars at the top of the forks and they look to be to the right. I've been told I tilt my head right when I ride but who knows. I've put 2500 miles on the bike and I figured I would have noticed if the issue was always there but hey.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Check your rear axle against the notches to make sure the rear wheel is centered. If it is, then get a couple of straight boards and have a friend on the bike holding it upright while you pull the boards against both wheels. Get the boards to where the spaces at the back of the front wheel are the same - then look at the handlebars to see if they are even - measure them to the rear axle if you aren't sure. If they aren't - then you need to figure out why. If you trust someone else to ride your bike - then it's usually easier to see tweaked forks by riding next to the bike and looking at it. If they are tweaked then get the front end off the ground and loosen the triple clamps and the front axle. Jiggle the front end back and forth until you feel it's straight - then tighten everything down and check it again. When it looks good - then do the string on the rear wheel alignment check.

It could also be as simple as to putting your wallet in your other back pocket or into your jacket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts