Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to forum. have 2014 fz09 with akrapovic titanium and PCV. The dealer I took it to took it to for installation took off the baffle during installation even though I did not ask them to and they through away all old exhaust and parts. The system is to loud, I can not ride the bike without the baffle and it is always popping at deceleration. Can I please buy someones baffle to put back into the exhaust so I can ride my bike, please message me thank you.

·
Registered
987 Posts
The dealer owes you the baffle.

As for the popping, you need to have the computer flashed tuned or you need a Power Commander V

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your input. Before I looked at the bike, they asked do you want to save any old parts and I said no its ok. When I went to go see bike, baffle was removed. I thought this was a good thing, but now after riding I realize it just ruins riding with that kind of sound. I did tell them they could throw everything away. I hope someone has one from their exhaust and i could purchase it from them or i might just have to sell this one and get a different kind it is just way to loud.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wouldn't have thought a new baffle for a new exhaust counted as an old part.

You might be able to get another one from akra.
I also believe that the baffle is part of the new exhaust and is not considered an old part. The shop owes you a new baffle. It's strange that they would take it off without telling you.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I also believe that the baffle is part of the new exhaust and is not considered an old part. The shop owes you a new baffle. It's strange that they would take it off without telling you.
Most likely they wrecked the baffle getting it out, and didn't want the owner to see the carnage.

·
Registered
145 Posts
They probably wanted to hear it and forgot to put it back in

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the input gentleman. I called the shop and they did throw everything away but the guy said he would call me back to see if he could help. I would rather try to track one down asap so I can ride this weekend without going deaf. Besides emailing akra from their main website, any other advice on how to contact them ? And does anyone have a baffle they are willing to part with for some $$$ ?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Wear ear plugs; problem solved. :)

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
thank you keef. I emailed akra from their website. Any other advice ?
Honestly, I'd keep telling the shop to get you one.
Throwing out old parts is different to throwing away a new baffle for a new exhaust, they should have thrown it. They shouldn't have even removed it from the pipe without asking you.
Hell, they could at least get you one for cost price.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Thank you for the input gentleman. I called the shop and they did throw everything away but the guy said he would call me back to see if he could help. I would rather try to track one down asap so I can ride this weekend without going deaf. Besides emailing akra from their main website, any other advice on how to contact them ? And does anyone have a baffle they are willing to part with for some $$$ ?
I'll go try to scavenge my old one for you...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just ordered the baffle and bolt from revzilla.com. I bought the exhaust from them and they are super easy to work with and had great customer service. Only bad thing is it takes 6-8 weeks to come from akra. Thank you for the forums help.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The dealer owes you the baffle.

As for the popping, you need to have the computer flashed tuned or you need a Power Commander V
Yeah they owe you the baffle and if you don't want to pay for a tune order Graves block off plates. If you're nervous to install them your self YouTube has great videos step by step. Bout 20$.

I own the carbon series and grew tired of the popping. The plates cleared it up.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just ordered the baffle and bolt from revzilla.com. I bought the exhaust from them and they are super easy to work with and had great customer service. Only bad thing is it takes 6-8 weeks to come from akra. Thank you for the forums help.
I cracked my tip and tried to order direct from akra. Which they go through revzilla. They said 7-9 weeks. I contacted my local dealer and I got it in 3 days. Revzilla also had to create a special cart so I could check out. They have great customer service.

Personally I would have tried the dealer again they threw out your stuff. Sounds unfair

·
Registered
610 Posts
Perfect example of why I don't let no stealership work on my bike. Sorry for your problem. :-(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts