Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the G2 throttle tube sometime ago and combined with reducing the throttle cable slop to a minimum and zeroing the throttle position sensor at the back of the throttle bodies it greatly improved the throttle response and reduced the jerkiness but did not eliminate it.

I just had my ECU reflashed by Vcyclenut and today was my first ride.

Very smooth and responsive without any jerkiness.

Will be a lot easier to ride on the MC range as I am teaching this coming weekend.

Thanks Vcyclenut!

Quick turn around as well! He shipped the reflashed ECU out the same day he received it from me.

I don't think he will quote that fast of turnaround but that is what he did for me and I greatly appreciate that!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I was very happy with the service & end product as well. What and where do you teach riding?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was very happy with the service & end product as well. What and where do you teach riding?
I teach basic and intermediate motorcyle safety courses at Mission College and in Seaside for the Army.

I enjoy it a lot!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Right on. Is that part of the CMSP? I may have to look into it...I took the beginner class but it's always a good idea to have more schooling.

Santa Clara is just about as far as anywhere else around here :cool:

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CMSP at Mission College, we are also offering the Total Control intermediate courses and eventually the advanced classes as well.

The Army program is still the MSF curriculum.

You should also consider riding dirt and trackdays to work on your skills. Trackdays are NOT all about fast, they are all about learning how to be smooth without having all the distractions (intersections, unknown pavement quality, traffic, cross traffic, etc.) that the street has.

When you become smooth you will be fast but one first must become smooth.

Right on. Is that part of the CMSP? I may have to look into it...I took the beginner class but it's always a good idea to have more schooling.

Santa Clara is just about as far as anywhere else around here :cool:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Vcyclenut does some good work, You got me thinking the DMV here in Pa. Sent me a email asking if I would apply to be an MSF instructor. Is it really that fun to do? I know here standing in rain at 45 deg. doesn't sound fun, here it's rain or shine. Work is getting little slow (no weekends) so maybe I will look into it. I had fun taking the intermediate course last year.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Motomania. What options did you choose for each mode? Sorry if you posted this somewhere else. I couldn't find it.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the basic 3 maps. I don't have a pipe or a quick shifter.

Reactions: Lateralus

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vcyclenut does some good work, You got me thinking the DMV here in Pa. Sent me a email asking if I would apply to be an MSF instructor. Is it really that fun to do? I know here standing in rain at 45 deg. doesn't sound fun, here it's rain or shine. Work is getting little slow (no weekends) so maybe I will look into it. I had fun taking the intermediate course last year.
Look into it. You need to work on the range a few days before you go take the instructor class. It is a lot of work but it is also very rewarding and fun. Doesnt pay alot. 16 hrs for the class and they pay somewhere between $15-30 an hour depending on the range.

Reactions: Dpak
1 - 9 of 9 Posts