Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Vendor
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ordered 2/3/14 and this afternoon this showed up:

Everything was packed very neatly and securely.
Not an imperfection on a single piece.

Contents of box.

Content of box unwrapped and laid out.

Finish is beautiful on this can!

Notice a glimpse of the C clip in there... Nice and easy removal of the "Db Killer".:cool:

Some more glamour shots:

I really like the tapering of the exhaust from outlet to inlet.

SPECS:

G.P.R. Inconel Headers : 4.65 lbs. / 2.11 kg
G.P.R. GPE Poppy: 3.42 lbs. / 1.55 kg
TOTAL = 8.07 lbs.*

*I don't have a scale at home to test these claims, but it sure does feel light. :p

The fit and finish on the can is awesome. Exactly what I wanted!
The welds on the headers are clean, but you can tell they were hand-welded. They are not as pretty as the Arrow that skooter65 posted.

Sadly I will be away for the next few days, so no install pics just yet.

I also have to get the stock bike dyno'd before I throw the exhaust on there.
I will have before and after dyno sheets for you folks. :evil6:

Also, be on the look out for group buy rates... :cool:
I'll be posting those as soon as everything is solid.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Lol yeah, if you are used to carbs it's confusing. That thing Marthy does seems to just modify the air/fuel mix. The ECU flash does NOT touch the A/F, it works with how throttle position is translated to what the engine is told to do, etc. So those 2 things complement each other.

I don't know how different the PC is from what Marthy does.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Wow, you are making one mean FZ. The single bar end mirror is a great Mad-Max kind of look...IDK about function, but it looks sweet. And now exhaust...very jelly. What did you do for suspension so far?

·
Vendor
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, you are making one mean FZ. The single bar end mirror is a great Mad-Max kind of look...IDK about function, but it looks sweet. And now exhaust...very jelly. What did you do for suspension so far?
That single bar end mirror gives more visibility than both stock mirrors on some bikes. ;)

As for suspension : I'm taking my bike to a friend that is a suspension guru... He will be putting new springs/oil in the front & seeing what he can do with the ZX10 for the time being. (Until I save up for a Penske double clicker... if I can ever stop purchasing eye candy for my bike...) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
This is the nicest looking can I've seen yet.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Niner

·
Registered
337 Posts
So what was the total cost for the full carbon can setup? I know they were supposed to be a bit cheaper compared to other completed systems.

·
Vendor
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So what was the total cost for the full carbon can setup? I know they were supposed to be a bit cheaper compared to other completed systems.
Shhhh. The discount rate is $999 shipped to your door for this exact setup.
Could be cheaper depending on what can you go with.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Yeah dude, you are screwed. Now you have to put it on, do several videos, and a lengthy review just to please everybody on the forum. You should have gotten a better discount, i can see a lot of future orders because of this thread!

Reactions: Niner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts